Moparts

Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines

Posted By: RBRE

Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/20/17 09:07 PM

We received the new Keith Black Aluminum block today. Just digitized it and it came out perfect! All it needs is final hone. Took 6 weeks from order date. I know that more Hemi and Wedge blocks are right behind and hope to have some in stock soon.
KB Blocks should be $6895.00 from any dealer. Lifter Oiling, Raised Cam, Standard Cam, Hemi or Wedge are all the same price. Low deck blocks are also available. Just wanted to keep all informed about what is happening with these blocks. Now we just need Mopar to make Iron blocks.
Ray Barton

http://www.raybarton.com
ray@raybarton.com

Attached picture Keith Black Block 001.jpg
Attached picture Keith Black Block 002.jpg
Attached picture Keith Black Block 003.jpg
Posted By: sasquatch

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/20/17 09:09 PM

Sweet!
Posted By: hudsonhornet7x

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/20/17 09:10 PM

RBRE you have a private message. Thank you.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/20/17 09:38 PM

As these become more available what is going to happen to Indy blocks? scope
Posted By: astjp2

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/20/17 09:44 PM

WOW, your first post is a sales pitch?
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/20/17 09:58 PM

Looks nice. It will be great when those blocks are in stock at a few engine builders so guys can get engines built on a schedule that they trust.
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/20/17 10:20 PM

Originally Posted By astjp2

You think maybe Ray should hit the newbie thread?? LMOL rolleyes
Posted By: killermopar

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/20/17 10:24 PM

Pretty awesome. Ray Barton is on moparts. Nice to hear those blocks are coming through. I'm sure people will appreciate the first hand knowledge about the quality of the blocks from a trusted source.
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/20/17 10:34 PM

Welcome to Moparts!

I think this is more than an advertisement. It is pertinent information to Mopar racers. The status of KB blocks and lack of availability has been discussed here for years. Thanks for the update!
Posted By: RUNCHARGER

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/20/17 10:38 PM

Great news! Nice to see, let the Moparts bioching begin.
Posted By: Harry's Taxi 2

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/20/17 10:58 PM

WOW, his first post and you make a comment like that.
Posted By: Biginchmopar

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/20/17 11:02 PM

It will be nice to hear from on of the guys that has been waiting for very long time to get their KB Block.

Hopefully one of those guys will chime in with "Check it out I got my block today!"

That would help with the questions I have.

They said they where going to take care of these people and if they do they will have my business again!

I have to agree it's nice to see good blocks again.
Posted By: dthemi

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/20/17 11:08 PM

Awesome, high quality, aluminium, in stock, mopar blocks....pinch me I must be dreaming.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/20/17 11:17 PM

Once they get caught up I sure wouldnt mind seeing
a alum SB or a Gen 3.. glad to hear they are are
starting to roll out
wave
Posted By: merpar

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/21/17 12:06 AM

Wow, Mr Barton don't you think maybe you should have consulted with KB corp. before posting your ad?
Just my opinion but I think you have opened a flood gate. There is a lot I would like to say. But have been advised not to!

My prayers and best wishes go out to all the guys that have had blocks on order for over a year. From what I understand over 40 paid customers.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/21/17 12:24 AM

Originally Posted By merpar
Wow, Mr Barton don't you think maybe you should have consulted with KB corp. before posting your ad?
Just my opinion but I think you have opened a flood gate. There is a lot I would like to say. But have been advised not to!

My prayers and best wishes go out to all the guys that have had blocks on order for over a year. From what I understand over 40 paid customers.

You do know that he owns KB now
wave

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/21/17 12:29 AM

Originally Posted By MR_P_BODY
starting to roll out
wave

Aluminum Small Block would be AWESOME!

I would buy two today if they had them.
Posted By: CSK

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/21/17 12:30 AM

Thank You Ray!!!! & welcome to Moparts
Posted By: ross

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/21/17 12:36 AM

wave

Don"t think so.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/21/17 12:39 AM

Originally Posted By ross

wave

Don"t think so.

Maybe sasquatch will say what the deal is.. but
KB doesnt own it
EDIT
Press Release

For Immediate Release
January 24, 2017
FAST MACHINE, INC & F
OR
H
EMIS
O
NLY
ACQUI
RES
KEITH BLACK RACING ENGINES
Darren Beale (
Fast Machine
Inc
.)
and
Tim Banning (
F
or Hemi’s Only
-
FHO
)
are
pleased to announce
the acquisition of the Keith Black Racing Engines
sorry it came up the way it did
wave
Posted By: ross

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/21/17 12:49 AM

Darren Beale Tim Banning Victor Bray own controlling shares. Mrs Black and Ken Black also own shares.
Posted By: cudaman1969

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/21/17 12:49 AM

And the negateeers have raised their ugly heads. Thank you Mr. Barton for letting us know the status. Hope it won't be your first and last visit.
Posted By: Porter67

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/21/17 12:54 AM

A very positive thing!

So is this the new mis information site for the mopar world? What the hay.

Maybe KB should of just went away and there would be no new blocks and no hope for the ones waiting.

People need to stop _itching and let it all play out.

Here is a good question....

Is there anything on paper that says the people left in the dust by KB prior to the sale are in any legal position to receive a block or is this a good faith gesture of the new owners?

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/21/17 12:59 AM

Originally Posted By ross
Darren Beale Tim Banning Victor Bray own controlling shares. Mrs Black and Ken Black also own shares.

Yes I reposted who owns it and stated it isnt KB.. as to
what the other guy said
wave

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/21/17 01:00 AM

I love how we can make such a Mopar legend unwelcome, and his information unappreciated. Thank you sir, for what you've done for our hobby, and letting us know blocks are getting where they need to, and they don't suck.
Posted By: DaveRS23

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/21/17 01:13 AM

We will all know soon enough how this is gonna play out. So let's not alienate some of our best known suppliers unless and until they earn the beatings that Moparts is famous for dishing out.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/21/17 01:17 AM

Originally Posted By DaveRS23
We will all know soon enough how this is gonna play out. So let's not alienate some of our best known suppliers unless and until they earn the beatings that Moparts is famous for dishing out.

Yea, even the Pope wouldn't stand a chance on here.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/21/17 01:24 AM

Originally Posted By cudaman1969
Originally Posted By DaveRS23

Yea, even the Pope wouldn't stand a chance on here.

Isnt that the truth
wave

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/21/17 01:43 AM

Ok
KB is owned by the above mentioned names. Ray and myself are dealers. The decision was made to send Ray the first block off the line so that he could verify all specs and parameters were being met. Ray has the equipment to verify all quality specs are being met. As a fellow dealer I completely support this process of second checking.
The new ownership has been running the show for barely 90 days and Ray has the first of many blocks that will be leaving in the next several weeks. Yes the back ordered blocks are being handled as soon as possible but every block off the line cannot go to just the back orders ONLY. I should have my first one here very soon and I like Ray am going to comb it over very carefully to insure that all quality parameters are being met. I will not sell anyone a block I do not have full faith in.
This is a Block of the highest quality and they take time. I have tried to explain to everyone here the steps being taken to get this back on track. Like most things in life worthwhile it is hard and it will take some time. I know that people with deposits in place are anxious about the situation and with good reason. A lot of these back order situations were NOT cut and dry.
There is great progress being made and Rays post only confirms that good things are happening and more are coming rather quickly. Thank you to all the people here for your positive comments and to the customers already in line, there is a light coming and it is not the train coming to run you over.
Todd
Posted By: slammedR/T

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/21/17 01:48 AM

This is great news but please for the love of god make
SMALL BLOCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: GTS340

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/21/17 01:52 AM

Sasquatch, have you caught any flak for becoming a dealer for KB blocks while also being a dealer for their competitor?
Posted By: unknown

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/21/17 02:05 AM

That's awesome Ray,, great to see you on Moparts. Just ignore the cry babys.
Posted By: sgcuda

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/21/17 02:37 AM

Thanks for giving us this new info. Wishing you a profitable Mopar experience with them.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/21/17 02:39 AM

Thanks Todd.. I hope it goes well for you and
Ray.. and the company
wave
Posted By: ozymaxwedge

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/21/17 03:01 AM

Awesome stuff, big names involved now, I am saving my coins.
Posted By: KD800X

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/21/17 03:36 AM

It's comments like this that make me wonder why anyone would want to share information on the board. shruggy

Thank you RBRE for updating everyone on the KB Blocks

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/21/17 04:11 AM

Whoever commented about me getting flak.....In a word NO. I was completely honest with Darren and Tim and they understand completely. I sell Both kinds and so does Ray. I sell 5 different brands of heads and 3 or 4 different brands of pistons. Same with many other products. I tell the customer the facts as best I know them and let the chips fall where they may. I have two Indy blocks shipping from Indy tomorrow and three from KB when they are ready. That is what the customer requested and I try not to argue with people writing me large checks. Again thank all of you for the kind words.

As far as the Small blocks go ahhhhh don't hold your breath. It could happen I guess but I spoke with Darren about it awhile back and the amount of capital it would take to do a block from scratch would be STOUT. Not sure you could ever make that financially viable anytime soon. The Gen 3 on the other hand is a different matter but IF it happens it will not be anytime soon.
TOdd
Posted By: jim sciortino

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/21/17 04:32 AM

WOW, were you born a world class a-wipe, or were years of practice responsible for your rise to the summit???
Posted By: WO23Coronet

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/21/17 04:38 AM

Great news for the Mopar world!!!
Posted By: cudatom

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/21/17 04:56 AM

Originally Posted By KD800X

It's comments like this that make me wonder why anyone would want to share information on the board. shruggy

Exactly why many people no longer post or share info. I'm stoked that Ray and Todd have kept us updated. Please keep the info coming.
Posted By: WHITEDART

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/21/17 05:11 AM

Originally Posted By Biginchmopar
starting to roll out
wave

Aluminum Small Block would be AWESOME!

I would buy two today if they had them.
put me down for two as well

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/21/17 05:28 AM

The fact that Marsh Performance has taken on a large responsibility says alot!
Being as busy as he his to take this,is just WOW!!! I am a March customer and thrilled with the personal service Tod provides.His knowledge is amazing! bow
Posted By: GTSDave

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/21/17 05:54 AM

This is great news. I have an old KB wet block with nice windows in it, and it needs sleeves which seem to be hard to find right now. I also want to step up to a 4.5" bore.

Ken tried to get me to buy a new block from him last year, but with all of the pissed off people that never got their blocks, there was no way I wanted to wade into that pool.

I plan on building a new engine for the Cuda this year and did not want to go with an INDY block. The MM blocks look great, but heavy. I really wanted aluminum, so finding an old KB block or repairing mine was my only option until now.

Cant wait to see what they will cost, and how long it will take to get them. Looks like the long wait may be over.

-Dave
Posted By: jcc

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/21/17 06:04 AM

Originally Posted By cudatom
Originally Posted By KD800X

Exactly why many people no longer post or share info. I'm stoked that Ray and Todd have kept us updated. Please keep the info coming.

Or maybe when a member makes a dumb comment and he gets slammed time and time again, for what reason, he's quoted so he can't edit his comment. We all make mistakes, the example here was not what most would respond including me, better to let it go without comment, and not end up losing two more members. He is entitled to his opinion. I tried to be delicate here, was I successful? eek
Posted By: cudadoug

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/21/17 06:13 AM

Originally Posted By sasquatch
Ok
KB is owned by the above mentioned names. Ray and myself are dealers. The decision was made to send Ray the first block off the line so that he could verify all specs and parameters were being met. Ray has the equipment to verify all quality specs are being met. As a fellow dealer I completely support this process of second checking.
The new ownership has been running the show for barely 90 days and Ray has the first of many blocks that will be leaving in the next several weeks. Yes the back ordered blocks are being handled as soon as possible but every block off the line cannot go to just the back orders ONLY. I should have my first one here very soon and I like Ray am going to comb it over very carefully to insure that all quality parameters are being met. I will not sell anyone a block I do not have full faith in.
This is a Block of the highest quality and they take time. I have tried to explain to everyone here the steps being taken to get this back on track. Like most things in life worthwhile it is hard and it will take some time. I know that people with deposits in place are anxious about the situation and with good reason. A lot of these back order situations were NOT cut and dry.
There is great progress being made and Rays post only confirms that good things are happening and more are coming rather quickly. Thank you to all the people here for your positive comments and to the customers already in line, there is a light coming and it is not the train coming to run you over.
Todd

Just a observer question: why wouldn't every block off the line go to those who paid and have been waiting first before any new orders are filled?
Posted By: WHITEDART

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/21/17 06:28 AM

Whoever commented about me getting flak.....In a word NO. I was completely honest with Darren and Tim and they understand completely. I sell Both kinds and so does Ray. I sell 5 different brands of heads and 3 or 4 different brands of pistons. Same with many other products. I tell the customer the facts as best I know them and let the chips fall where they may. I have two Indy blocks shipping from Indy tomorrow and three from KB when they are ready. That is what the customer requested and I try not to argue with people writing me large checks. Again thank all of you for the kind words.

As far as the Small blocks go ahhhhh don't hold your breath. It could happen I guess but I spoke with Darren about it awhile back and the amount of capital it would take to do a block from scratch would be STOUT. Not sure you could ever make that financially viable anytime soon. The Gen 3 on the other hand is a different matter but IF it happens it will not be anytime soon.
TOdd
I was told several years back that the performer RPM small block Dodge head was Edelbrock number 3 seller.. outselling the big block head 3to1.. build a good block... and you could sell them faster than you can make them..
Posted By: B5 Bee

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/21/17 07:24 AM

Originally Posted By cudadoug
Ok
Todd

Just a observer question: why wouldn't every block off the line go to those who paid and have been waiting first before any new orders are filled?

My guess...they need some cash flow to keep the interprise running.
Try and fill all the old orders first may lead to backruptcy, then no one gets anything.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/21/17 07:29 AM

OK
Consider this an an open invitation.
I will begin collecting names and phone numbers/emails for people interested in a R3 style small block in aluminum. Today is the Starting day of April 20. I will collect data only for 6 months. NO money or deposits or any commitments other than it will be looked at. Show me the customers and I will keep track of it.I know that there is almost zero chance of the R3 coming back in iron from Mopar. SO what are the SB guys going to do? Can we sell 100 a year? 200? Most guys (not all) that run SB dodges are in the slower bracket classes. Are there 200 plus guys a year ready to pony up the scratch? Lets find out. IF you are serious, you can email or PM me here (no phone calls on this please) and I will keep an accurate count. Spread the word to any and all that are interested, I am easy to find.

As far as the order of the blocks shipping. YES the majority of blocks that are back ordered (including mine) will be shipped as soon as possible. However, if the first 40 to 50 blocks out the door were resulting in zero cash flow, no one on the planet would invest in that business.Had this gone into a Chapter filing and gone through the court system, most if not all of the people in line would have gotten jack diddly bubkis. Happens every day in this country.
The new ownership, being interested in saving this company and its storied past, said making things right with these customers was the right thing to do and would do more to generate good will and restore faith in the product. This very easily could have been buy the company, turn off the lights and liquidate all the assets. Party over, good night and another American icon and business hits the scrap heap. I personally am grateful that Darren saw fit to fetch it out of the scrap pile and return it to its former self. Just like car guys, take a rusted out piece of scrap and turn it back to it former glory. But just like restoring a car there will be snags and setbacks. Give it a chance. Making blocks is not that easy. Making great blocks is even harder.
Todd

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/21/17 12:58 PM

Thanks, Todd, for all that you have done, and what's yet to come. up
Posted By: LAD 524

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/21/17 02:01 PM

Awesome news thanks for the heads up Todd. Ill be following the progress as well !!

up

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/21/17 03:27 PM

You can put me down for a SB.. but I would
need to know some specs(which block would it
be.. 48* or 59*, which deck height, dry or wet
sump.. and would it be a finished bore.. and
of course.. a ball park price... thanks Todd
EDIT
Or possibly a gen 3 block
wave
Posted By: rickseeman

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/21/17 03:33 PM

Originally Posted By jim sciortino
WOW, were you born a world class a-wipe, or were years of practice responsible for your rise to the summit???

Ditto
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/21/17 04:22 PM

RBRE,

Welcome to Moparts, I hope this is the first of many posts.

We do have our share of shall we say, less than positive souls. Please disregard.

Thanks!
Bill
Posted By: madscientist

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/21/17 04:37 PM

OK
I will begin collecting names and phone numbers/emails for people interested in a R3 style small block in aluminum. Today is the Starting day of April 20. I will collect data only for 6 months. NO money or deposits or any commitments other than it will be looked at. Show me the customers and I will keep track of it.I know that there is almost zero chance of the R3 coming back in iron from Mopar. SO what are the SB guys going to do? Can we sell 100 a year? 200? Most guys (not all) that run SB dodges are in the slower bracket classes. Are there 200 plus guys a year ready to pony up the scratch? Lets find out. IF you are serious, you can email or PM me here (no phone calls on this please) and I will keep an accurate count. Spread the word to any and all that are interested, I am easy to find.

As far as the order of the blocks shipping. YES the majority of blocks that are back ordered (including mine) will be shipped as soon as possible. However, if the first 40 to 50 blocks out the door were resulting in zero cash flow, no one on the planet would invest in that business.Had this gone into a Chapter filing and gone through the court system, most if not all of the people in line would have gotten jack diddly bubkis. Happens every day in this country.
The new ownership, being interested in saving this company and its storied past, said making things right with these customers was the right thing to do and would do more to generate good will and restore faith in the product. This very easily could have been buy the company, turn off the lights and liquidate all the assets. Party over, good night and another American icon and business hits the scrap heap. I personally am grateful that Darren saw fit to fetch it out of the scrap pile and return it to its former self. Just like car guys, take a rusted out piece of scrap and turn it back to it former glory. But just like restoring a car there will be snags and setbacks. Give it a chance. Making blocks is not that easy. Making great blocks is even harder.
Todd

PM sent in the affirmative for a new small block.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/21/17 05:19 PM

Sasquatch: I think you laid that out perfectly, well done!
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/21/17 05:56 PM

Thank-you Ray and Todd for keeping us updated. My fingers are crossed the Keith Black engines can return to the GREAT company it once was. Anybody interested in a ready to run Mega block. LOL
Posted By: HOTMOPR

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/21/17 05:57 PM

What is the cost of a ready to run RB block?
Posted By: PorkyPig

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/21/17 06:10 PM

Although one of these blocks isn't in my budget, I'm glad to see the work everyone behind the scenes has been doing to put KB back on its feet is starting to pay off.
Posted By: 70VcodeCoronetRT

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/21/17 06:28 PM

Low deck wedge blocks going to be available too?
Posted By: WedgeFED

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/21/17 10:03 PM

LOL I really don't think there is one person on this thread with skin in the game...except for maybe Todd, Ray and Myself. There are a few others on here also. It is great that they are showing us good things are happening. But for all of you against the negative post just think how you would feel being owed a block for almost two years... I really think everyone is pretty positive. Yellow Bullet might be a better place to hammer on people than here. I was told no low deck blocks are happening in the near future as for that is what I have on order. I think Todd will have much better information thou.
Posted By: TomsCharger70

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/21/17 10:08 PM

Id also like to know the cost for an RB block..

Thanks and a big beer to the guys who make products like this possible!!!

/Tom

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/21/17 10:31 PM

Originally Posted By WedgeFED
LOL I really don't think there is one person on this thread with skin in the game...except for maybe Todd, Ray and Myself. There are a few others on here also. It is great that they are showing us good things are happening. But for all of you against the negative post just think how you would feel being owed a block for almost two years... I really think everyone is pretty positive. Yellow Bullet might be a better place to hammer on people than here. I was told no low deck blocks are happening in the near future as for that is what I have on order. I think Todd will have much better information thou.

I know how I would feel. I would feel better today than I did 6-8 months ago. Some good people stepped to the plate so hopefully you and anyone else left hanging out to dry will have smiles on your well deserved faces.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/21/17 10:43 PM

Nearly all of the customers that were in this situation have been quite understanding and grateful that someone is trying to help them. My hats off to them. Todd
Posted By: cudadoug

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/22/17 12:13 AM

OK

I wasn't trying to stir the pot, I was jsut curious is all.

Although I can't see myself buying a KB block, I agree that it is a GREAT THING that this American ICON was saved.

Todd

I wasn't trying to stir the pot, I was just curious. I, too think it's a GREAT THING that this American ICON has been saved.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/22/17 12:28 AM

Stirring the pot is quite all right with me. If you don't the soup burns and nobody gets any>
Todd
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/22/17 01:17 AM

I, for one, am very happy to see an iconic American company with a ton of history, being saved and restored. And top shelf, American made parts continue to be made right here. I'm not one of the people holding the bag for a block, but I have to think they feel better about getting what they paid for - as opposed to nothing - now than they did a short while ago.
Posted By: cudadon

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/22/17 01:51 AM

Originally Posted By killermopar
Pretty awesome. Ray Barton is on moparts. Nice to hear those blocks are coming through. I'm sure people will appreciate the first hand knowledge about the quality of the blocks from a trusted source.

David Barton = dartdude.

By the way congrats to David on your FS win!

Don

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/25/17 02:29 AM

On the aluminum R3 block;
If they are 48* lifter bore angle and tall deck I could possibly buy one today.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/25/17 03:04 PM

KB Blocks should be $6895.00 from any dealer. Lifter Oiling, Raised Cam, Standard Cam, Hemi or Wedge are all the same price. Low deck blocks are also available. Just wanted to keep all informed about what is happening with these blocks. Now we just need Mopar to make Iron blocks.
Thanks, Ray Barton

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/25/17 04:52 PM

That sounds reasonable for a quality product.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/26/17 05:00 AM

Originally Posted By RUNCHARGER
That sounds reasonable for a quality product.

Ah.....that will be $10,000 for us Canadian folks

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/26/17 04:14 PM

Posted to incorrect thread
Posted By: 65 Hemi

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/26/17 06:15 PM

At first I thought Wow a little on the expensive side but It seems like a very good price if you compare it to BBC aluminum blocks.

https://www.summitracing.com/int/search/part-type/engines-bare-blocks?N=4294894334%2B4294894312%2B4294894330

Posted By: @#$%&*!

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/26/17 06:36 PM

Originally Posted By 65 Hemi
At first I thought Wow a little on the expensive side but It seems like a very good price if you compare it to BBC aluminum blocks.

https://www.summitracing.com/int/search/part-type/engines-bare-blocks?N=4294894334%2B4294894312%2B4294894330

I was worried a little that the new blocks would depreciate my old one that people have been trying to buy from me. I'm no longer worried about that, if anything I might need more for it! up
Posted By: copchaser

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/27/17 03:51 AM

I'm glad there are available. But in all reality this post by RBRE is a very low blow. I've had a block on order for 2 1/2 years now, paid for in full. Tim Banner said he was waiting on sleeves. As in he wanted to order a truck load of sleeves before any blocks would be released. Now I'm even more curious who else has paid for a block and still is getting the run around. Really sours the hobby.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/27/17 02:13 PM

It sounds to me that Ray Barton was just posting this saying they have taken delivery of a fresh block to look over and do quality control. Checking it on their CNC equipment, looking for flaws, etc.
I'd sure rather have someone like Ray check out the first run of the product before they start blindly shipping out fresh parts.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/27/17 02:41 PM

Bump for the best news for the mopar racer in years...
Posted By: fastmark

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/27/17 02:49 PM

Originally Posted By copchaser
I'm glad there are available. But in all reality this post by RBRE is a very low blow. I've had a block on order for 2 1/2 years now, paid for in full. Tim Banner said he was waiting on sleeves. As in he wanted to order a truck load of sleeves before any blocks would be released. Now I'm even more curious who else has paid for a block and still is getting the run around. Really sours the hobby.

"Sours the hobby"??? I don't think so. Your problem is with Keith Black, the old company. They took money for products and they could not deliver. That happens on a regular basis in this country, right before they file for bankruptcy and then they get to keep the money legally. Thankfully, that did not happen. I have dealt with Tim Banning and he is a straight up guy. From what I here, the other new owners are as well. They did not have to buy the debt of the old Keith Black company. They could have let all you guys that paid money just be SOL. There is no way they could sell these blocks just like they were from the old company without checking for quality control or they would be in the same trouble. These blocks had to have some new procedures done on them to pass the strict requirements of the new owners so you would get a good block in the end. If they satisfied ALL of the backorders first for ZERO profit, then they would be out of business. So far they have not even SOLD any new blocks. Give them a chance. I applaud them for taking this big risk.
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/27/17 03:11 PM

Originally Posted By fastmark

"Sours the hobby"??? I don't think so. Your problem is with Keith Black, the old company. They took money for products and they could not deliver. That happens on a regular basis in this country, right before they file for bankruptcy and then they get to keep the money legally. Thankfully, that did not happen. I have dealt with Tim Banning and he is a straight up guy. From what I here, the other new owners are as well. They did not have to buy the debt of the old Keith Black company. They could have let all you guys that paid money just be SOL. There is no way they could sell these blocks just like they were from the old company without checking for quality control or they would be in the same trouble. These blocks had to have some new procedures done on them to pass the strict requirements of the new owners so you would get a good block in the end. If they satisfied ALL of the backorders first for ZERO profit, then they would be out of business. So far they have not even SOLD any new blocks. Give them a chance. I applaud them for taking this big risk.

Exactly - anyone that had a block on order and $$$$ involved should be playing the lottery with the luck they now have that they will get something from a NEW Company that saved what was going to be a Bankrupt (closed) Company!99% of companies that buy/take over another failing company do NOT take on it's commitment to fulfill previous orders already paid for to the going bankrupt company.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/28/17 04:39 AM

Keith Black did not go bankrupt. Ken Black and his mother still own part of the company. There for serious fraud has been taking place. Now, I'm very happy blocks are available, it's great that RBRE got one or maybe even more than one. Now my block is poured, machined, I have pics of it, the serial number assigned to it. It's been waiting on sleeves for a year now. What's so expensive about dropping in the sleeves and sending it out the door? I myself own 2 business. I've bought several and sold several business in the past. When you buy the business, you buy the debt, inventory, contracts, etc. There are always stipulations. I repeat, Keith Black did not go broke. Ken and his mother do still own a share of the company. About to go bankrupt and going bankrupt are not the same thing. If Keith Black had filed bankruptcy I would have my block. I have plenty of documents from Ken clearly saying and showing my block with the serial number 426-555. My posts were not intended to start a urinating contest.
Posted By: camastomcat

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/28/17 04:49 AM

I have a full set of the smaller KB 4.630 OD sleeves for less than 1/2 price of new. The are 4.320 ID and they are in good shape and stroke clearanced. If someone wants to buy them and send them to make there block complete, it's a done deal. That can get at least one of the blocks going. Go to racing junk and put KB sleeves in the search bar. I also had them here in the race section.
Posted By: boatracer572

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/28/17 06:43 PM

Keith Black did not go bankrupt. Ken Black and his mother still own part of the company. There for serious fraud has been taking place. Now, I'm very happy blocks are available, it's great that RBRE got one or maybe even more than one. Now my block is poured, machined, I have pics of it, the serial number assigned to it. It's been waiting on sleeves for a year now. What's so expensive about dropping in the sleeves and sending it out the door? I myself own 2 business. I've bought several and sold several business in the past. When you buy the business, you buy the debt, inventory, contracts, etc. There are always stipulations. I repeat, Keith Black did not go broke. Ken and his mother do still own a share of the company. About to go bankrupt and going bankrupt are not the same thing. If Keith Black had filed bankruptcy I would have my block. I have plenty of documents from Ken clearly saying and showing my block with the serial number 426-555. My posts were not intended to start a urinating contest.

iagree
I'm betting the trolls defending KB would be singing a different tune if they were out over 7K and a block for a couple years!!! you trolls crack me up!! "worth the wait" is what ive see more than a few times on this forum... I too was owed a block,waited,waited then waited some more,decided to make a road trip and saw failing company that had taken lots of money from me and other people.after a couple more road trips, my problem stricken block (miss machined and welded on )was picked up... worth the wait? I DONT THINK SO!!! I wish nothing but the best of luck to Tim Banning,Ray Barton and any one else involved in the new venture, with KB, glad to see some QC before Barton ships these blocks,Im sure the quality of what is going out to the customers will be much better than what I recived .
Posted By: Sammy

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/28/17 09:20 PM

When I inquired about a block from Ken, the price was $5500.00. That was with hydraulic oiling. I wrote my requests on the buildsheet. Sent it back and mailed a 50% deposit. I mailed it on a Thursday and then I read about all the lies about customers not getting their blocks. People waiting almost 2 years so I stopped payment on my check.
Seems the price went up quite a bit. Isn't Indy's around $5200.00 IIRC.
I'd love to own one of these blocks some day but I will wait till a bunch of blocks have shipped with success. Sammy

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/28/17 10:19 PM

Originally Posted By Sammy
When I inquired about a block from Ken, the price was $5500.00. That was with hydraulic oiling. I wrote my requests on the buildsheet. Sent it back and mailed a 50% deposit. I mailed it on a Thursday and then I read about all the lies about customers not getting their blocks. People waiting almost 2 years so I stopped payment on my check.
I'd love to own one of these blocks some day but I will wait till a bunch of blocks have shipped with success. Sammy

You will still be spending money getting an Indy block ready after it arrives for that price.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/28/17 11:42 PM

Originally Posted By pittsburghracer

You will still be spending money getting an Indy block ready after it arrives for that price.

Yes I understand that but a KB block out the door was $5500.00 done.
Posted By: OUTLAWSSAA

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/28/17 11:51 PM

You will still be spending money getting an Indy block ready after it arrives for that price. [/quote]

Yes I understand that but a KB block out the door was $5500.00 done.[/quote]

Maybe that's one of the reasons he got into financial difficulty.
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/29/17 06:59 PM

Perhaps....... But you'd have a block in your hands in a couple of weeks.
Posted By: The Shadow

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/29/17 08:36 PM

Originally Posted By fast68plymouth

Perhaps....... But you'd have a block in your hands in a couple of weeks.

Soon should be the same for KB

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/29/17 08:41 PM

So, if someone ordered and paid for a finished, ready to assemble block 2 years ago, and has a paper trail showing the agreed price for the block was $5500(+/-)....... Do they get their block for that agreed to price?
Or do they have to pay the difference for the new price of $6895?

Just curious.
Posted By: 71birdJ68

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/29/17 10:01 PM

If you had to choose between the two, what is the difference between a Indy block, and a KB block? Which one would be the best for a street car?

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/29/17 10:50 PM

No price increase, it equals out in interest on their 2 yr wait. haha
Posted By: Silver68RT

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/30/17 10:06 AM

I'm interested in getting one of these KB blocks. Are there tech specs on them available online anywhere? I checked Ray Barton's website and the Keith Black website already. Are they a direct bolt in swap for a factory 426 Hemi?
Posted By: dart games

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 04/30/17 03:00 PM

so if i wanted to get a hemi block who would have them in stock
Posted By: 90%

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 05/06/17 08:53 PM

4.630 O.D. sleeves will not fit, all KB Street Hemi sleeves are 4.700 on the O.D.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 05/07/17 02:29 AM

They had 4.630's and 4,700's. That may have changed on the new blocks but I guess I got them somewhere, like in my KB block.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 06/01/17 10:13 PM

Any new news to share? Would be nice to be updated once in a while...
Posted By: ccdave

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 06/01/17 10:27 PM

That block is bada$$ !!!!
Posted By: SCATPACK 1

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 06/01/17 10:27 PM

OK

As far as the order of the blocks shipping. YES the majority of blocks that are back ordered (including mine) will be shipped as soon as possible. However, if the first 40 to 50 blocks out the door were resulting in zero cash flow,
Todd

Based on your comment, if there really are 40 or 50 blocks owed to people who already paid, how long before blocks are available on a stocking basis? you know like the chvrlet boys can just pick up the phone and say send me a block and it is there in a couple of days.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 06/01/17 11:38 PM

They are on the way to fho. He does have some in stock but believe they are spoken for
Posted By: joshking440

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 06/02/17 04:37 PM

^ This

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 06/02/17 07:12 PM

Back to the question FED asked, any news?
Anybody that was owed a block get one yet?

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 06/02/17 09:49 PM

Talked to Tim this am. Things have not transitioned as smooth as it was expected. Foundry problems still. They appear to be ironed out. If that is the case I would expect to hear blocks are rolling out soon. Appears only a few blocks have made it thru. If things were good there would be more info and pictures.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 06/02/17 10:14 PM

Boy and someone (I won't mention his name) was just saying work on the gen 3 Hemi block was right around the corner. Let's get this one straightened out first please.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 06/02/17 11:17 PM

Nobody but you said gen 3 was right around the corner but there are plans for it

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 06/02/17 11:57 PM

Originally Posted By The Shadow
Nobody but you said gen 3 was right around the corner but there are plans for it

I plan on buying new underwair someday to but I'm rolling the dice these hold out another year or two.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 06/03/17 01:23 AM

I plan on buying new underwair someday to but I'm rolling the dice these hold out another year or two.

Underwair?

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 06/03/17 01:24 AM

Dam spellcheck. LOL
Posted By: hudsonhornet7x

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 06/03/17 01:26 AM

If they go bad before then the dice will be rolling all the time!

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 06/03/17 04:49 AM

I never thought we would be talking underwear in the race tech section. It's come a long ways.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 06/04/17 04:33 PM

I never thought we would be talking underwear in the race tech section. It's come a long ways.

Well, when we are talking blocks, it's always a crap shoot.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 06/05/17 11:29 PM

Originally Posted By Biginchmopar
Back to the question FED asked, any news?
Anybody that was owed a block get one yet?

So nothing is being said I take it that nobody has received there blocks yet?

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 06/06/17 12:06 AM

Either that, or they've been sworn to secrecy.
Posted By: dodger mope

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 06/06/17 12:07 AM

my take is, the principles are working to build the best block possible and not setting a deadline
Posted By: GY3

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 06/06/17 12:10 AM

Originally Posted By Superfreak

The time line is elastic.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 06/06/17 12:15 AM

They took on a big project. If it takes 6 extra months to get it right, lets get it right. I never thought I would see a day when you could make a phone call to Keith Black Racing, order a block, and have it in your hands in under 30 days. Now I just may see it.
Posted By: kwikblownhemi

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 06/06/17 01:36 AM

You just never know....
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 06/06/17 05:14 PM

Originally Posted By GY3
Originally Posted By Superfreak

The time line is elastic.

Racing stripe at no extra charge.
Posted By: hemicar1971

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 06/07/17 05:45 AM

If and that is a big if I have time on Wednesday I will drive up the street and talk to Tim about the Blocks, if he is there at his house. I do not know if it is any ones Business but the people that ordered a block from KB and paid for them and have not received them, so if I ask Tim about it he might say that it was before his time or maybe even Tim had money down on blocks and did not get any and that is why he stepped up just like others could of and other did. I believe a lot of the manufacturing processes are being modernized and this might be why there are delays now.

Glad to see Ray Barton has given his OK to the new KB BLock. He is a Dealer and I believe Tim asked him to be one and why would Tim not do that. There all in this to build motors and getting blocks was one big problem and like it was said by RBREs maybe Chrysler needs to step up with a good cast iron replacement block or better for Street and Super Stock Racers.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 06/07/17 04:50 PM

They took on a big project. If it takes 6 extra months to get it right, lets get it right. I never thought I would see a day when you could make a phone call to Keith Black Racing, order a block, and have it in your hands in under 30 days. Now I just may see it.

I don't think "one" should have to order a block, it should be on a shelf somewhere waiting for one to buy it! I'm not saying hundreds but at least 10-20 at the main wharehouse so it could be there in days. But that's how you keep the price up, never overstock, make it seem like they're hard to get. Does seem strange how many sbc, bbc, pontac plus the Ford blocks are so plentifull, who's foundry are they using? Maybe their machining processes are more simple.?? Here's a idea, make one size block, then YOU take it to some machine shop to make it whatever, like Chrysler sold at one time.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 06/08/17 04:07 AM

Cudaman, Keith Black was basically finished. Everything with that Business had come to a stand still, foundry, machining on and on. The guys involved had to rebuild Keith Black from the ground up, had to get everyone back on board like the foundry. Since no blocks were produced for a very long time it has taken longer than normal to get everyone back on board and up grade to modern manufacturing and business practices.

The blocks are starting to show up now. Saw a few new KBs today at Bannings. He said it is taking much longer that was expected and there are a lot of people wanting the blocks and also the people that had bought from KB and laid their money down, looks like they will receive their blocks also. As for inventory of blocks laying around in a warehouse, I do not see that happening for a while. Tim told me if I want a block I better get my name in for one or it will be next year because of the demand and all the other things like filling old orders and new orders.

Now the KB is one good looking block and from what I have seen could take all that you can build into it. Indy block from what I know from the guys that live near me are having trouble running 1400 HP without them coming apart. It looks like the new KB will be able to take that HP very easily and a lot more.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 06/08/17 06:21 AM

Originally Posted By hemicar1971
Cudaman, Keith Black was basically finished. Everything with that Business had come to a stand still, foundry, machining on and on. The guys involved had to rebuild Keith Black from the ground up, had to get everyone back on board like the foundry. Since no blocks were produced for a very long time it has taken longer than normal to get everyone back on board and up grade to modern manufacturing and business practices.

The blocks are starting to show up now. Saw a few new KBs today at Bannings. He said it is taking much longer that was expected and there are a lot of people wanting the blocks and also the people that had bought from KB and laid their money down, looks like they will receive their blocks also. As for inventory of blocks laying around in a warehouse, I do not see that happening for a while. Tim told me if I want a block I better get my name in for one or it will be next year because of the demand and all the other things like filling old orders and new orders.

Now the KB is one good looking block and from what I have seen could take all that you can build into it. Indy block from what I know from the guys that live near me are having trouble running 1400 HP without them coming apart. It looks like the new KB will be able to take that HP very easily and a lot more.

If they're standing in line, that's a good thing to hear. I really really want to see this work, might wake up some other manufactures. I still like the idea of one block, finished and semi-finished. The latter popped out real fast.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 06/08/17 07:31 AM

Well Hemicar laid that out pretty well but let me add a few updates. YES blocks have started shipping to both new order and back ordered customers. Ray, Tim, and myself have all gotten them, as well as several others. I know that Tim and myself both arrange our own freight so we know exactly and to who the blocks are shipping. I am shipping one tomorrow to a back order deal in Kentucky.
Yes the plan is to eventually have blocks available for immediate shipping. That will take some time to get there.
The last thing anyone needed or wanted was to send out blocks with any quality issues after all the wait time. The QC on these were tough and revealed some casting issues. Keep in mind that these blocks are pressure tested 3 times during production (One is to 125psi).
I will get into the casting issue in a moment. Darren turned to Bob Tarozzi who worked with Hoover and Keith on the blocks way back in the 70s. He also brought in Eric Hansen from Stage V for consulting on the issue. The problem has been addressed and it was mostly due to some technical issues with the pouring of the metal. The failure rate was to high on the QC inspections causing a high cull rate. Order 10 get 5 that pass. Not good. Thanks to these guys those problems have been eliminated.
It appears now that due to EPA mandate the resin used inside the molds was changed to a new product that would create less gassing when the molten aluminum hit the molds. This is not a problem isolated to KB by any means. Mercury Marine just canned an aluminum block they have been making for years that they could not get fixed.The hemi block has been difficult from day one and in particular the large bore ones due to the pushrod angles and the design of the block. Anyone who has seen or built a big bore hemi can relate.
There is no one on this board or any other that cannot wait for all this drama to be behind us and blocks are readily available in a timely manner. Think of ALL of the block drama the Mopar guys have had to put up with. Iron hemis from Mopar anyone? There have been others. NOT an easy gig to be sure. Mopar guys have always had to do things the hard way. Why do we keep banging our heads on the wall? Because it feels really nice when you stop.

There were numerous other issues that had to be addressed and still are.
Yes there is a Gen III on the drawing board but I can assure you that the Gen 2 hemi and wedge blocks are first in line. All other production of gear drives, oil pumps, ETC have been halted to spend all efforts on block production.
Anyone wanting more information on the blocks can Call or email Tim Banning at FHO, Ray at Ray Barton race engines or me at Marsh performance. None of us are hard to find. There is a new very good website being built and there are numerous other improvements coming as soon as possible.
TO the customers with Money on the table. I feel your pain as mine is there as well as Tim, Ray, Darrens. No one in that list has made one dime getting this going.
As far as stock piling blocks that is tough. The problem is (or was) all of the custom machining that was requested. Low deck, tall deck, hemi, wedge, solid blocks, raised cam, spread lifters bla bla bla.
One of the first things that happened was exactly what some of you suggested. Standardize production and they even have standard features at NO extra charge. Things like raised cams and oil to the lifters are no extra charge. This was done to get blocks OUT the door as quickly as possible. We can work with some custom requests AFTER we get the line moving again.
The new castings are arriving at KB in large quantity. The changes that were made are working well already. This has made the foundry much happier pouring them as they are seeing more production pass QC which helps their bottom line. I am sure more production issues will present themselves and they will be dealt with the best we know how. There are now people in place that can be called and issues will not be allowed to become roadblocks.
Todd
@Marsh Performance
Posted By: Spaceman Spiff

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 06/08/17 12:59 PM

Originally Posted By cudaman1969

I don't think "one" should have to order a block, it should be on a shelf somewhere waiting for one to buy it! I'm not saying hundreds but at least 10-20 at the main wharehouse so it could be there in days. But that's how you keep the price up, never overstock, make it seem like they're hard to get. Does seem strange how many sbc, bbc, pontac plus the Ford blocks are so plentifull, who's foundry are they using? Maybe their machining processes are more simple.?? Here's a idea, make one size block, then YOU take it to some machine shop to make it whatever, like Chrysler sold at one time.

You get taxed on inventory.... The more stock you have, the more you pay...
How many mopar blocks would sell a year? MAYBE 25?
Just because a few people on a message board "say" they would buy one, doesn't mean there's a demand.

Can't make " one size" block. How you gonna make an RB from a B?
Or a small displacement block with a 4.5 bore center...

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 06/08/17 04:09 PM

Thank you Todd, very good answers. We finally have smart, dedicated people on board to deliver a great product.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 06/09/17 11:30 PM

Todd,
Dates? When do you expect them to be rolling in?
If anybody gets a new block besides the investors please post a picture of it.

"It appears now that due to EPA mandate the resin used inside the molds was changed to a new product that would create less gassing when the molten aluminum hit the molds. This is not a problem isolated to KB by any means. Mercury Marine just canned an aluminum block they have been making for years that they could not get fixed."

I told you the EPA was involved with the foundry, they also had huge issue with rain water or storm water run off from the roof of the foundry. I was given this information way back when Ken Black started having problems with the foundry.

Sounds like you guys have gotten over that hurdle at least.

California EPA is loosing some of there teeth. GO TRUMP GO!

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 06/10/17 01:34 AM

Unfortunately he currently has his balls in a vice for a different matter.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 06/11/17 04:12 PM

Hey Spaceman, ship and stock those blocks in Nevada. NO inventory tax!
Excellent info Todd. Thanks for light in the tunnel.
Merpar

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 06/11/17 05:19 PM

Hats off to all of the people helping make this into a reality!
Posted By: dodger mope

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 06/11/17 05:50 PM

" Unfortunately he currently has his balls in a vice for a different matter."

at least he has some!!!!

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 06/14/17 02:32 AM

tall deck 48* lifter angle small blocks would be great, thanks!
Posted By: LA360

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 06/14/17 09:13 AM

Originally Posted By slammedR/T
tall deck 48* lifter angle small blocks would be great, thanks!

Don't hold your breath on that one!

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 06/14/17 10:05 PM

Pictures from Tim. Looks like no hydraulic oiling? Thought hydraulic oiling was on every block now? Is that correct Todd or Ray? Just wondering. Thanks

Attached picture rsz_11kb_block.jpg
Attached picture rsz_kb_block_1.jpg

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 06/14/17 10:58 PM

You wouldn't be able to see the oil passage in these pictures. The passage is on the opposite side or the upper part of the lifter hole. They all have oiling passages. -- Ray
Posted By: Clanton

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 06/14/17 11:28 PM

A question on the cam and main bores if you will,Do you finish these on the tight side and leave it to the customer to finish to there needs?As you may know mopar people have had to deal with tight cam bearings for ever.
Thanks for your reply if you do.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 06/15/17 06:00 AM

Thanks Ray. I think maybe I have only seen bushed lifter blocks and am used to seeing the hole welded up where they drill the bushing.
Posted By: racerx

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 06/15/17 11:49 AM

Nice lookin blocks there up
Posted By: sr4440

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 06/15/17 01:40 PM

oh great, 6 am and I am looking at porn. shocked

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 08/23/17 10:06 PM

So Ray do you have any info on the blocks owed yet??? Seems like the same old story? Nobody knows...Nobody calls...Answering machines...Crickets. Not trying to cause another riot just want the truth Please. Darren assured me by the end of sept. and that is 5 weeks away.
Thanks
Posted By: Dragula

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 08/23/17 11:18 PM

I like the valley design a lot better than the Indy block for oil drain back...

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 08/24/17 01:42 PM

Awesome news Todd and Ray - please keep the updates coming. The block looks awesome, lets hope you can wipe out the back orders and start filling some new orders soon.
Posted By: Roughbird72

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 08/24/17 06:05 PM

Originally Posted By sr4440
oh great, 6 am and I am looking at porn. shocked

haha
Posted By: Porter67

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 08/25/17 12:36 AM

The heck with the internet porn XXXX.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 09/09/17 04:57 PM

Anyone hear the fat lady sing yet????

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 09/11/17 09:43 PM

Anyone hear the fat lady sing yet????

It is a huge secret...Yep cannot say the rest I want to say here or I will be black listed for saying the truth I know about KB.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 09/11/17 09:54 PM

Originally Posted By Dragula

An Indy block has no oil drainback to speak of. Your oil pan will go dry in less than 60 seconds after initial startup, then you can pull the motor back out of the car, completely tear it down and re-engineer the oiling system so it will work. I can't imagine how they stay in business. I don't want to be, and don't think I'm qualified to be, an oil system engineer. I want to buy a block that works. The Indy aluminum block might be the most unfunctioning part I've ever bought. And I buy a lot of parts.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 09/12/17 12:28 AM

Originally Posted By rickseeman
Originally Posted By Dragula

An Indy block has no oil drainback to speak of. Your oil pan will go dry in less than 60 seconds after initial startup, then you can pull the motor back out of the car, completely tear it down and re-engineer the oiling system so it will work. I can't imagine how they stay in business. I don't want to be, and don't think I'm qualified to be, an oil system engineer. I want to buy a block that works. The Indy aluminum block might be the most unfunctioning part I've ever bought. And I buy a lot of parts.

Same thing just happened to me on our new Indy block. I just rebuilt the whole thing and still not sure if I fixed the problem. What a nightmare. Oil pressure is good for about 60 seconds and then starts dropping like a stone as soon as oil warms up. Talk about frustration.
Posted By: unknown

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 09/12/17 01:08 AM

You guys with the Indy block problems need to call Best Machine, they build them all day long.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 09/12/17 01:20 AM

An oil accumulator is your Friend.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Canton-Racing-Products/074/24-046/10002/-1?

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 09/12/17 02:39 AM

Originally Posted By Semi-Hemi
You guys with the Indy block problems need to call Best Machine, they build them all day long.

I'm sure they can. That's not what I am saying. I'm saying I want a block that doesn't have to be re-engineered after I get it. Todd and Ray Barton helped me make it usable. My thanks to them.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 09/12/17 02:41 AM

That will give you another 30 seconds of oil until the pan goes dry on an Indy block.
Posted By: CHAPPER

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/11/18 04:20 AM

Brought this back up. Any more news on blocks and availability, cost,where to order, etc?

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/11/18 06:31 PM

The Web page said 1/5/2018 they are filling all back order in the next couple weeks. So time will tell.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/11/18 10:58 PM

There are no blocks available. If there was people would be talking... I have heard a couple weeks every other week for over two years. Every block cast for KB is in Michigan now waiting set up for production machining/final machining. Biginch is right time will tell...

https://www.facebook.com/keithblackracing/

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/11/18 11:37 PM

One of these days we will be able to pick up the phone, call 1-800-blok and 7 days later be scrubbing it down.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/11/18 11:59 PM

Do that now if you want to hold your nose and hide your face. Hell, 34K and 7 days later, it's in and running. 1250 horse NA 632.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/12/18 12:32 AM

Originally Posted By CMcAllister
Do that now if you want to hold your nose and hide your face. Hell, 34K and 7 days later, it's in and running. 1250 horse NA 632.

I don't blame you one bit.

If I had a serious racing program, I wouldn't let it be held hostage by lack of availability for engine components related to one brand of motor.

You gotta do what you gotta do.

Who did you end up buying from?
Posted By: earthmover

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/12/18 01:19 AM

My next biild.632 wish I would have made the move before the new motor..but oh well ..unless someone would like a new 512 low deck ..

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/12/18 01:32 AM

I don't blame you one bit.

If I had a serious racing program, I wouldn't let it be held hostage by lack of availability for engine components related to one brand of motor.

You gotta do what you gotta do.

Who did you end up buying from?

No one, yet. But I'm paying attention. Waiting for things to shake out on my end. Don't know what, but I hope to hit the ground running on something this spring. Would like to do a Mopar Stock or Super Stock car or high MPH Super Gas car, but I'd hate to have to worry about running over the crankshaft with an expensive piece.
Posted By: cdwmotorsports

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/12/18 08:01 AM

Originally Posted By earthmover
My next biild.632 wish I would have made the move before the new motor..but oh well ..unless someone would like a new 512 low deck ..

Short or Long block? Feel free to PM.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/12/18 03:31 PM

PAR has 632's that'll make that much for about $20k. It's getting harder and harder to be a Mopar racer.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/12/18 05:13 PM

Shafiroff sells a big chief style 632 with all premium internals (Dart Big M, Callies, Oliver, Diamond) for $27k carb to pan........1225hp.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/12/18 06:44 PM

Back to the BLOCKS, anybody get a call saying their block was being shipped? or is it the same old story, we will call you in a couple weeks.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/12/18 06:48 PM

From the three people I know that are waiting nothing has changed as of yet.

In the same boat ready to just move on.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/12/18 11:00 PM

Ray and Todd have not commented on this thread since April...What does that tell you? None of the guys owed blocks I talk to have gotten anything but a run around also.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/13/18 12:32 AM

PAR has 632's that'll make that much for about $20k. It's getting harder and harder to be a Mopar racer.

Really, until someone actually orders one, and runs it, get's good track numbers, it's BS. Easy to put crap out there like that, then when someone says you can buy one for $20,000 brand new? I call BS. It would take a reasonably stout 12* 632 to make that much because I checked. And in a steel block they go for around $28,500 with a single carb. Check Sunset, Schmidt, Reyer, etc. Do you really think the other guys don't know how to make power? Look at their numbers, more realistic. Believe me, I've been looking and watching.

Par's price doesn't include carb, belt drive, pump, and is really pretty vague as internals. And that's a 20* so it's at the limit.

Here is his site. http://parraceengines.com/engines/

Sunset http://sunsetperformanceengines.com/engi...le=PRO%20SERIES

Schmidt https://www.steveschmidtracing.com/drag-racing-engines/pro-sportsman-series/618-sr20-superman-series

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/13/18 12:39 AM

Here are some real numbers
http://rehermorrison.com/product/583ci-super-series-12o/

http://rehermorrison.com/product/588ci-super-series-12o/

Notice that they list most everything, and not knocking Par. He has a procharged 540 locally that runs pretty good. He just doesn't list all of the parts and upgrades anyone with experience would want.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/13/18 01:06 AM

I will never change from mopar and positivity will never own a dragster but if I did own a dragster I would buy a Chevy hat and a Chevy engine and join a Chevy website. Then I could quit be-itching.
Posted By: earthmover

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/13/18 01:40 AM

I will never change from mopar and positivity will never own a dragster but if I did own a dragster I would buy a Chevy hat and a Chevy engine and join a Chevy website. Then I could quit be-itching.

No disrespect but most living going now work family life ..but you get checks 50yrs if hoarding is good..

Me 46 this yr molar since 1995 still no great price parts..can buy a 632 short block race block included 7500. Hummmmmmm
Posted By: SomeCarGuy

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/13/18 06:13 AM

Well, let’s not say anything about this situation of continuous broken promising so the administration here won’t have to fret about it. Really hate to see people that don’t sponsor the board being drug through the mud. Such a shame.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/13/18 03:34 PM

I'm still in the totally optimist boat regarding blocks.

For sure the reher chevy packages are impossible to argue with on power, and price. Plus if you can afford the shipping, or have time to drive, you can get them SAME DAY lol but....

I still love the mopar platform, despite all the short falls. I'll never be competing in a class that having a mope would make it impossible to win, so here I'll stay.

Sometimes it feels like loving a three legged dog.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/13/18 04:40 PM

with all the affordable pricing on these GM power plants (?),how do you all feel bout putting these GM power plants in your Mopars?

Me personally can't do it but I have no problem installing one in a Ford,AMC,or other GM base models.

Just can't see me putting one in my MOp. twocents

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/13/18 05:04 PM

There is one Mopar combo that is still king and reasonable. That's a Hemi with a blower. Those can be had for $20,000 to $30,000 used. They still rule the alcohol and nitro classes. I think a lot of us that race and are needing increased power to qualify, could go that route. Like some have said here, the BAE, Noonan, AJE, and other stuff is an option if you have a deep wallet and want new.
Posted By: d7cook

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/13/18 06:44 PM

Originally Posted By racerx
with all the affordable pricing on these GM power plants (?),how do you all feel bout putting these GM power plants in your Mopars?

Me personally can't do it but I have no problem installing one in a Ford,AMC,or other GM base models.

Just can't see me putting one in my MOp. twocents

I could never put a gm power plant in a mopar but I do have a Buick with a mopar power plant. I still think regular old 440's with performer heads is a great return on the dollar. Cheap cores still compared to bbc. On the other hand mopar cars are expensive any more. Even a half decent A body brings a lot of money but something like a Buick skylark is pretty cheap and suspension parts are the same as a chevelle so they're relatively cheap and easily available. Lots of used stuff as well to be had. I bought the car for $1500 with a 455, th400 and a 12 bolt 4.11. Add a jw adapter, converter, roll bar, 440 and it's running high 10's for low $.

Itll be interesting to see if I can fit a hemi in it. Sometime this summer I plan on pulling the motor and laying hemi heads on the block to see if headers are even possible. If so I'll be the moron with a $1500 car and a $20,000 engine in it. That is if KB ever delivers the block I ordered in November of 2014.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/16/18 04:03 PM

Originally Posted By camastomcat

Really, until someone actually orders one, and runs it, get's good track numbers, it's BS. Easy to put crap out there like that, then when someone says you can buy one for $20,000 brand new? I call BS. It would take a reasonably stout 12* 632 to make that much because I checked. And in a steel block they go for around $28,500 with a single carb. Check Sunset, Schmidt, Reyer, etc. Do you really think the other guys don't know how to make power? Look at their numbers, more realistic. Believe me, I've been looking and watching.

Par's price doesn't include carb, belt drive, pump, and is really pretty vague as internals. And that's a 20* so it's at the limit.

Here is his site. http://parraceengines.com/engines/

Sunset http://sunsetperformanceengines.com/engi...le=PRO%20SERIES

Schmidt https://www.steveschmidtracing.com/drag-racing-engines/pro-sportsman-series/618-sr20-superman-series

I know what you're saying. up I was just pointing out that a big HP 632 can be had real cheap. The cheap one may not have top quality parts, but just showing what's out there since a lot on here have no idea about anything other than Mopar.
FWIW...a friend had a single dominator 632 from PAR that made over 1200 hp on motor and had 2 foggers on it. Ran real good, but I don't know what he paid for it. That was 10 years ago.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/16/18 05:53 PM

I understand what you are saying but it doesn't matter how cheap a Chevy is to me. If they offered me a 1200 HP Chevy motor for free I'd rather go down to the bank and borrow $30,000 and build a Hemi. My happiness is what matters to me, being in debt doesn't bother me. Being unhappy does. I could never be happy racing a Chevy.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/17/18 05:12 AM

I understand what you are saying but it doesn't matter how cheap a Chevy is to me. If they offered me a 1200 HP Chevy motor for free I'd rather go down to the bank and borrow $30,000 and build a Hemi. My happiness is what matters to me, being in debt doesn't bother me. Being unhappy does. I could never be happy racing a Chevy.

iagree
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/17/18 08:04 PM

Originally Posted By Hemi_Joel

iagree

Same here. Sitting out a couple extra season just for this reason. I could have been out 5 years ago if I built a Fox Body Mustang with a BBC but I chose the most expensive car possible to build, a Hemi E-Body....

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/17/18 08:39 PM

Originally Posted By 6PKRTSE

iagree

Same here. Sitting out a couple extra season just for this reason. I could have been out 5 years ago if I built a Fox Body Mustang with a BBC but I chose the most expensive car possible to build, a Hemi E-Body....

I keep being tempted to do a '98-'02 F body GM w/ a BBC, but at the end of the day I can't let go of my cuda. It's being different that I like about it, but it's also what's killing it.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/17/18 09:55 PM

Originally Posted By 6PKRTSE

Same here. Sitting out a couple extra season just for this reason.

I've been sitting a while as well. One day not long ago I figured out that I don't have a whole lot of "extra seasons" left. So now, it's what can I hit the ground running with in weeks or months, not years. And what is available that there are parts to fix it if it breaks or wears out instead of being a pile of useless junk. I can buy a nice, complete engine from someone, but if I can't easily get parts to fix it, it becomes junk when it breaks. I've just about finalized my solution. Just some details to work out.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/17/18 11:28 PM

I have had Mopars all my life but I do own a dragster with a Chevy in it
Now it is a nostalgia car Hilborn injected front engine car but...I have to say...It has been fun ---I am running small amount of Nitro---it has made it fun again--running 8 sec quarters with an engine that I would take the first $4500 offer I could get so I could build a faster one is fun!

To me the draw with Mopars was you could get a Duster for $800 , add a junk yard 440 with a cam and intake--buy a converter, some SS springs and away you went--FAST and FUN Cheap! Then time passed and we were all looking for a 71 Cuda all of a sudden--then Barrett Jackson and soon after it was a bankers / investors game and unless you had a yard full of them to sell --it sort of took the fun away--I mean being asked $800 for a Shark tooth grill rubs me the wrong way
Now....I am older--have some cash--can buy whatever I want and what!!??? NO blocks?? dang it!! No fun again

I feel sorry for REAL Mopar racers that can't get the blocks and parts they need to carry the banner---It is a pity but ...a game I have grown tired of -- I would Love to have a Hemi in my dragster but it is not worth it to me at the prices to build one--

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/21/18 07:30 AM

Well there might be a light at the end of the Tunnel for an aluminum Hemi Block, will know in a few weeks what that light will produce or if it will fade into darkness. It has always been tough being Mopar since the 70s and still is harder even today. Always easier running a Chevy but who wants to be like everyone else.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/21/18 06:48 PM

The only reason I still have a Mopar in my dragster is because it's the last piece of unusual identity I have. The thing I struggle with is, Mopar hasn't done anything to support us in years. I like to turn on win lights, that's why I race. With a BBC in the car, I gain the knowledge, parts assortment, history of builds and recipes, to do exactly that. It's no more a BBC than a Mopar, it's just supported equipment, although I lose my Mopar identity. Big deal, again the reason I race is to turn on win lights. If all I wanted to do was T&T sessions, I would still run a 493 or something. If I am unable to qualify, I'm not in the show. It's that simple.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/21/18 07:15 PM

Well...long live the Hemi and God bless those who continue to run them, but...

I don't believe most drag racers need and/or want an aluminum and/or Hemi block. Serious bracket, Top Sportsman/Dragster or dot 90 racers, Stock/Super Stock guys, etc. are not lined up waiting for them. Maybe I'm wrong, but iron blocks that don't cost 6K, capable of supporting 1000 - 1200 horsepower without running over the crankshaft, is what most folks would like to be able to get.
Posted By: boatracer572

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/21/18 07:21 PM

The only reason I still have a Mopar in my dragster is because it's the last piece of unusual identity I have. The thing I struggle with is, Mopar hasn't done anything to support us in years. I like to turn on win lights, that's why I race. With a BBC in the car, I gain the knowledge, parts assortment, history of builds and recipes, to do exactly that. It's no more a BBC than a Mopar, it's just supported equipment, although I lose my Mopar identity. Big deal, again the reason I race is to turn on win lights. If all I wanted to do was T&T sessions, I would still run a 493 or something. If I am unable to qualify, I'm not in the show. It's that simple.

iagree up

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/22/18 01:06 AM

Mopar, what or who is that now a days. It has been sold a few times and the old ownership or mind set is slowly fading away with the new owners. No Loyalty with the owners to the old stuff we use. No Cast Iron Hemi Block for a very long long time from Mopar and I understand it is not cheap to cast an iron block but it was done before and should of continued being done. Like people have said before if they make a block now your better get on the bandwagon and get one before things fall apart and there are none. My OEM Cast Iron Hemi Blocks will not live with todays technology and HP. Need a cast iron or aluminum block to survive with 1000+ HP capabilities. Found out today some of the crap is being solved again with the KB Blocks and will know in a few weeks if that is solved and maybe they will be back offering them or not.
Posted By: Leigh

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/22/18 04:19 AM

I was told by the head of Mopar Performance around 1998, that they would have 1 million dollars invested, before they sold 1 block. I wouldn't hold my breath.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/22/18 04:39 AM

For me: It's done, it's over. I ran them 35 years and it was cool but the block drama and the overall cost just isn't worth it anymore. There are other ways to go for a racer. Technology on some of the more modern alternatives is evolving every month. Sure they were cool, glad I have the old photographs to remember them by.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/22/18 07:20 AM

runcharger I believe you had Banning build a Hemi motor for you in the past and it was a two carb motor. Likely the KBs will be back on track in some way or another in the near future. Canadian Dollar sure puts an added cost when building any motor and having to put 25% on a new KB block price sure sucks. So when people complain about the cost of a motor try building it from another country beside the USA. Banning has a few builds lately that have had helpers and a fuel management systems. My son preaches this stuff to me all the time and knows this kind of new technology inside and out and if I build a big Hemi Motor it likely will have a fuel management system on it and not two carbs. I just hope what I heard today is what is happening with the KBs and nothing happens to derail what is going on today and in the future.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/22/18 01:53 PM

iagree
But,as far as turning on win lights, that has more to do with the total combination, the tune, the person turning the wrenches, and the driver. Like you said, there are just as many real Chevy parts as there are Mopar parts in any given build. It comes down to what you want to relate to. I, myself, am questioning the Mopar loyalty. My first professionally built motor had no availability for good intake manifolds. I waited 4 months for the Team G to come out. Almost used a SBC intake with adapters. When there are no more blocks available, then I will rethink my build directions.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/22/18 04:56 PM

When Tom runs Top Dragster he has to qualify first before he can race..That is the issue for those of us who wish to run Top Dragster or Sportsman. As he said if we don't qualify we don't race. OUt west it is a big investment and risk to travel to a race and HOPE you can qualify so you can get the opportunity to race

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/22/18 09:01 PM

So the Keith Black block thread has morphed into a Mopar bashing thread?

I'm not jumping ship to a belly button motor.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/22/18 09:09 PM

Crazy isn’t it. My Father has an old saying that fits pretty good here

Don’t let the door hit you on your azz on the way out. Lol
If you want to go to Chevy please just go.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/22/18 09:26 PM

The message here is, I don't want to. But I have certain things I want to be able to do, a time frame and a budget. And I am looking at options to be able to do that. I've been Mopar for nearly 40 years. I didn't abandon them. They left me high and dry. Serious people have tried to pick up the ball and run with it. Tony doesn't want to play.
Posted By: SCATPACK 1

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/22/18 09:29 PM

Enough of the MOPAR bashing guys.
I understand the guys that are racing a certain class or event and need all of the et and speed they can get. If you can't get what you think you need, you will race a GM (just like all of the other clones and sheep)
For myself, I don't have to be the fastest. My ego can handle it.
BUT I do have to drive or race a MOPAR. That is my EGO. I will settle for what I can get and drive my Mopar.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/22/18 09:43 PM

Okay...... Back on track......

It's been 9 months since the start of this thread........ And there has been no indication that the flow of K B blocks into the marketplace is currently any better than it was a year ago.

Just more waiting for the guys who have already been waiting....... For years.
Posted By: TRENDZ

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/22/18 09:49 PM

I understand for those who have put out the cash why this is so frustrating. But I don’t see why anyone building new now wouldn’t go with a BAE block. Sounds like the price isn’t a big difference, and you can get one machined to your heart’s desire in a short time.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/22/18 09:53 PM

Not to stay off track but in my comment I said nothing about going non-Mopar/Fiat. I love my Viper and if I wanted to go fast I would do it with a Viper and turbos or blower, Failing that a modern Mopar/Fiat V8 and boost.
Back to the Soap Opera.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/22/18 11:26 PM

Gee thanks for your permission, already gone. I was waiting for that you loyalist you! Keep Test & Tuning.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/22/18 11:32 PM

CN has billet Hemi blocks. $9K, give or take.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/22/18 11:40 PM

Gee thanks for your permission, already gone. I was waiting for that you loyalist you! Keep Test & Tuning.

Ya I’m a test n tuner alright. Lol.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/23/18 04:09 PM

Was told It will be shipped in a couple weeks after best machine does lifter bushings. Not sure if this will work but here is a try...

https://www.facebook.com/GregSchierholt/...c&ref=notif

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/23/18 05:19 PM

When is the anniversary date of your deposit??

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/23/18 05:48 PM

Originally Posted By RUNCHARGER
Not to stay off track but in my comment I said nothing about going non-Mopar/Fiat. I love my Viper and if I wanted to go fast I would do it with a Viper and turbos or blower, Failing that a modern Mopar/Fiat V8 and boost.
Back to the Soap Opera.

I can see the Viper, son has a 1999 Viper and has a 2004 SRT4 W/ Mods and a first Gen Neon SRT4 swap with a ton of D.Cox parts that he races in Time Attack. He says to me all the time that Kids his age can not afford to get into older Mopars because of the costs. I still like that Orange Challenger with the Hemi you built Sheldon.

It seems that there were problems with parts to assemble the KB blocks. I was told that these parts just started being done by another manufacturer. That should speed up the time frame that one can receive a block. Has anyone put their money down on a block in the last month. I can see you would not want to take a change with your money reading this thread but that would give a real time frame if someone has on how long it will take in the near future.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/23/18 05:53 PM

Feel the love up in here...lol. I think some just don't really get it when it comes to fast bracket racing and that's ok and not surprised.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/23/18 10:23 PM

Paid in full, not deposit and yes a very long time. 2015. There is a couple longer than me.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/23/18 10:36 PM

Originally Posted By WedgeFED

Paid in full, not deposit and yes a very long time. 2015. There is a couple longer than me.

Nov. 2014 for the win! Boom! Well maybe a win I'm not sure if anyone is longer than that or not.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/23/18 10:43 PM

October 2014 for me.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/23/18 11:13 PM

2014 and 2015? YOu have more patience than me! I'd have sued them and called the sheriff, the fbi, and anyone else who would listen by now.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/24/18 02:24 AM

Like I said....... They've been waiting........ waiting...... and waiting some more.

And they still are.
Posted By: Spaceman Spiff

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/24/18 02:29 AM

It's been 9 months since this thread was started...and 7 months since Ray has posted in this thread....

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/24/18 02:57 AM

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/24/18 03:08 AM

Originally Posted By Spaceman Spiff
It's been 9 months since this thread was started...and 7 months since Ray has posted in this thread....

Because of the 3 Gents that took on this project I have faith that it will happen.WHEN.............that's the mystery! work

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/24/18 07:14 AM

Copchaser, D7Cook,WedgeFED, who did you order the blocks from. Was it Keith Black or was it this new group of owners or investors.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/24/18 05:47 PM

They all would have been through KB. New ownership is a more recent developemnt

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/24/18 05:51 PM

Copchaser, D7Cook,WedgeFED, who did you order the blocks from. Was it Keith Black or was it this new group of owners or investors.

The new group has only been around a year or so. All the back orders are from KB as far as I know. I doubt there's been been many or any orders since the new people took over. Considering the history I'd think anyone wanting a block is going to wait until they are consistently delivering product. Actually I'm not sure they're accepting orders.
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/24/18 06:03 PM

I am starting to think my old 90's Keith Black Top Fuel block may just need to get repaired so I can re-use it some day since it seems no good signs of any new blocks coming out soon. I feel for all of you that have put out such a huge deposit or paid in full for a block many years ago that you still do not have. Yikes....

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/24/18 08:37 PM

I kept hearing the old orders were being taken care of but looks like that is not true. I talked to one person that just ordered from the new owners and that is why I asked about who you guys bought your blocks from. Will see when the block comes in or even if it does. I know the manufacturing of some of the block parts had slowed everything down to a stop. I hear most of the problems come from the old way KB does business and that must be dealt with and has taken much longer than expected because of the distance of keeping a eye on the KB Business and running your existing Business. I can see if it does not work with some of the people in the process of getting these block built then those people need to be eliminated before this thing falls completely apart. It will take time to get new people involve in the manufacturing of parts for the blocks. I would say this will take time and has taken quite a long time looking at what everyone has said.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/24/18 09:32 PM

I kept hearing the old orders were being taken care of but looks like that is not true. I talked to one person that just ordered from the new owners and that is why I asked about who you guys bought your blocks from. Will see when the block comes in or even if it does. I know the manufacturing of some of the block parts had slowed everything down to a stop. I hear most of the problems come from the old way KB does business and that must be dealt with and has taken much longer than expected because of the distance of keeping a eye on the KB Business and running your existing Business. I can see if it does not work with some of the people in the process of getting these block built then those people need to be eliminated before this thing falls completely apart. It will take time to get new people involve in the manufacturing of parts for the blocks. I would say this will take time and has taken quite a long time looking at what everyone has said.

My understanding is most if not all the old orders have blocks. When the new owners took over all the blocks were in various stages of completion with sleeves and main caps being the two biggest problems. The new owners ordered all the required sleeves and that part got done but getting main caps machined and installed became an obstacle. Particularly the #5 main cap. This is why all the blocks were put on a truck and sent to Michigan to get this last step done.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/24/18 09:45 PM

My understanding is most if not all the old orders have blocks. When the new owners took over all the blocks were in various stages of completion with sleeves and main caps being the two biggest problems. The new owners ordered all the required sleeves and that part got done but getting main caps machined and installed became an obstacle. Particularly the #5 main cap. This is why all the blocks were put on a truck and sent to Michigan to get this last step done.

In my 33 years of Millwrighting at Allegheny Ludlum steel I watched this happen with my own eyes. You wouldn't believe how big our machine shop was and it was maned 24 hours a day. There wasn't a thing that we needed that those guys couldn't punch out well made and quickly done.
Behind the machine shop we had in house motor winders so if a motor burned out or replaced these guys could make it better than new. Not any more. No in house winders and our machine shop is about 1/8 th the size. Now they are at the mercy of others buying CRAP and waiting forever. Trade skills in the USA would take forever to build back up as Apprentice's learning on the job went out the window too.
Posted By: madscientist

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/24/18 10:00 PM

In my 33 years of Millwrighting at Allegheny Ludlum steel I watched this happen with my own eyes. You wouldn't believe how big our machine shop was and it was maned 24 hours a day. There wasn't a thing that we needed that those guys couldn't punch out well made and quickly done.
Behind the machine shop we had in house motor winders so if a motor burned out or replaced these guys could make it better than new. Not any more. No in house winders and our machine shop is about 1/8 th the size. Now they are at the mercy of others buying CRAP and waiting forever. Trade skills in the USA would take forever to build back up as Apprentice's learning on the job went out the window too.

Sad but true.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/24/18 10:01 PM

All is true to some extent, I have been keeping in touch with Darren and Tim. All backorders will be finished before any new orders is what I have been told. I will share pictures in each stage as they are given to me. They are really trying to step it up, so it appears. The next month will be the proof or not. I want to see it as much as anyone. There has been a lot of time nothing happened, now it is time to prove they are stepping up and grabbing the bull by the horns. It has been a very long road for a few of us and them. I do know there has been some blocks shipped recently and that is a very good sign.
Posted By: B1HEAD_USER

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/25/18 05:17 AM

Back in 86 I worked at a machine shop in Bethel Park one of our biggest customers was Allegheny Ludlum.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/25/18 06:30 AM

Originally Posted By B1HEAD_USER
Back in 86 I worked at a machine shop in Bethel Park one of our biggest customers was Allegheny Ludlum.

Nice. It is crazy what work was done in our area. We made our own Babbitt bearings for our big mill stands. Pallets of lead weighing 1500 pounds.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/25/18 11:38 PM

So....Who is the big cheese in charge of this operation? A pm would be nice....

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/27/18 09:33 AM

Darren Beale is the main money man with KB now. He's from Queensland Australia

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/27/18 04:30 PM

Thanks! I have all of the info I need. wave

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/31/18 03:41 AM

Well my block arrived today. It was like pulling Hens teeth to get it. But it did arrive. Have faith.
Posted By: cdwmotorsports

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/31/18 04:05 AM

Well my block arrived today. It was like pulling Hens teeth to get it. But it did arrive. Have faith.

That's good news. Hopefully more start to roll in and they can get to building B and RB blocks.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/31/18 04:29 AM

This is great news. Someday our dreams of picking up the phone and ordering a finished block may be possible
Posted By: ChrgrCuda

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/31/18 04:44 AM

Once these blocks hit the market I'd expect some more really serious cylinder head options and availability as well. These blocks look like serious pieces.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/31/18 05:44 AM

Awesome, hope it all comes together. It has been a very long time for a few of us...

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/31/18 06:10 AM

The guy I talked to that ordered off the new Owners said one owner stepped up with one other person and ordered a lot of blocks to be cast and machined not to long ago. If you do not have blocks you can not run your own business of Building Hemi Motors. Hope the block copchaser received was one of those and things are starting to turn around. I saw two KB blocks months ago and was very impressed on what I had seen and heard of the strength of the block. Maybe the blocks being machined in Michigan are even a better product.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/31/18 12:23 PM

luck with it up

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/31/18 04:24 PM

Originally Posted By ChrgrCuda
Once these blocks hit the market I'd expect some more really serious cylinder head options and availability as well. These blocks look like serious pieces.

There are plenty of cylinder head choices out there now. All ya gotta do is make a decision pick up the phone and order them. Stuff like this makes me wonder if I live in some sort of parallel universe.

Good to hear people who have waited for years for a block are finally getting taken care of. Hopefully at some point in the future we will have the ability to order and receive in a timely manner a block with the options needed to make good HP from KB again.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/31/18 04:26 PM

When I worked there (in the block department) we put out a block a day. This isn't rocket science guys. You just do a block and ship it out. (Or the racer would come to pick it up.) It's really that easy. Everybody wants to make this seem like a black art and almost impossible. It's not. I hear every excuse imaginable on these threads. Can't get sleeves, porosity issues, can't figure out how to make a main cap, can't get studs, etc. What a bunch of smack. KB has been making blocks over 40 years. Do you reckon they know how to get a block out? There has been something else going here for a long time.
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/31/18 04:32 PM

Copchaser, so after all is said and done what was the actual cost to your door?

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/31/18 07:07 PM

From what I was told not every block was making the grade and the failure rate was to high when manufacturing began again. Do not know what the failure rate was before. Main caps were an issue also and this I believe has been solved in the last month. I think the biggest issue might of been KB itself being run as a 1960s company and needed to be upgraded or revamped. I was also told about 1 block a day can be cast and then it takes time to machine and add parts but once it is set up that is still one day for each block to be ready for shipping if everything is cast correctly and the cast block has no problems. You can not have employees sitting around doing nothing all day if there are block failures. So I look at it this way, the process of machining needs to be done out of house and the same goes for assembly. An outside source needs to be used that does some of the same work or has the capability to machine the rough blocks and assemble the blocks and this would be added work for a company that is set up for this kind of process. Ship this company a vast amount of blocks to be machined and assembled and have them with their own trained work force put them together with their set up to do machining and assembly. This company would then have the capability to move workers around to other work and the costs of doing it would stay stable.

rickseeman what was the process like when you worked at KB and did they produce more than Hemi Blocks when you were there working.

Also heard that the new company once on track with the Hemi Block is looking into doing the Chevy Block. Not sure if this is just a dream but I can see this happening because of the amount of racers that run Chevy equipment compared to Mopars. If there is an interest in that block it would help finance everything to keep running in the future.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 01/31/18 08:58 PM

rickseeman what was the process like when you worked at KB and did they produce more than Hemi Blocks when you were there working.

When I was there most of the machine work was done before the blocks were brought to us. There were 3 of us. Dave West did the line bore, Tom Hynd did the cylinder hone and line hone and I did the rest. For those of you that don't understand the machining of blocks you can watch it on You Tube. It involves putting the block casting in a machine and pushing the start button. After an hour or so you take the block out and reposition it and push the start button again. Then after an hour or so you might take it out and put it in another machine and push the start button again. The block is now done. Then they send the block to us and we make it race ready. Don't get me wrong, if you are a start-up trying to do all this the cost/time/learning curve would be astronomical. But that isn't the case here. KB has been doing this same block for over 40 years and nothing has changed.

We only did Hemi blocks then.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 02/02/18 04:17 PM

Total cost to my door a little over $7k. Paid for freight 2 times, lol.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 02/02/18 04:20 PM

The block is a work of art, beautiful piece! Was shipped in a cardboard box, yes a cardboard box not a wood pallet or crate. After 4 years, a free T-shirt would of been nice. Wishful thinking, lol. It is very nice!
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 02/02/18 04:42 PM

Id buy one if I could get one to my door for that, hopefully the availability improves, I dont mind paying the money but 30-60 days is about the limit On what Id wait after ordering one. The old saying goes "Fast delivery" "Top Quality" "Low Price" - Pick any 2 cause you aint getting all three. That said I do expect at least 2 out of 3.

Posted By: blowndart

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 02/02/18 06:06 PM

Total cost to my door a little over $7k. Paid for freight 2 times, lol.
Did you have to pay the additional $1K for KB specific heads studs on top of the $7K?

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 02/02/18 09:30 PM

Originally Posted By ScottSmith_Harms
Id buy one if I could get one to my door for that, hopefully the availability improves, I dont mind paying the money but 30-60 days is about the limit On what Id wait after ordering one. The old saying goes "Fast delivery" "Top Quality" "Low Price" - Pick any 2 cause you aint getting all three. That said I do expect at least 2 out of 3.

Likely will cost about another 700 dollars for the block since time has gone by and increases in everything add costs. When my friends block comes to his door or he picks it up that will give a current time line and hopefully this time line will improve over the process or time.
Posted By: HemiRick

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 02/03/18 12:18 AM

look here
https://www.facebook.com/pg/bestmachineracingengines/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1625613877494289

Lots of blocks !!!

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 02/03/18 12:25 AM

[quote=copchaser]The block is a work of art, beautiful piece! Was shipped in a cardboard box, yes a cardboard box not a wood pallet or crate. After 4 years, a free T-shirt would of been nice. Wishful thinking, lol. It is very nice! [/quot

iagree I think a T-shirt would of been nice ,I was going to ask to post a pic. but sense there's no shirt then no pic. J/K Lol.it will be nice to see these new block once again, It might get peoples interest in building more Mopars apimp
Posted By: Leigh

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 02/03/18 03:00 AM

I don't get it. If you've got the money to spend on a KB, you've got to know the first 5.000 block you run into, will dust you. It doesn't sound like a good investment to me.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 02/03/18 03:43 AM

The block is a work of art, beautiful piece! Was shipped in a cardboard box, yes a cardboard box not a wood pallet or crate. After 4 years, a free T-shirt would of been nice. Wishful thinking, lol. It is very nice!

Dart blocks come in a cardboard box as well!

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 02/03/18 06:48 AM

For the guys that don't have Facebook.

Keith Black Racing Engines added 6 new photos.
22 hrs ·
Press Release - 2/1/2018 - Farmington Hills, Michigan.

Keith Black, Inc. (“KBRE”), the market leading-manufacturer of engine blocks for extreme horsepower applications has today announced an exciting new partnership with the highly regarded premium engine builder, Best Machine Racing Engines in Farmington Hills, Michigan.

Best Machine is a leading US engine builder focused on in-house R&D, and building competition and high output engines for winning teams in the Mopar community. They provide high-precision full-service in-house engine building, machining, assembly and dyno-testing services. With their “Do-it-right-the-first-time” attitude, Best Machine has found a recipe for keeping their racers Racing.

The agreement involves Best Machine now reselling KBRE’s premium Mopar engine blocks in HEMI® and WEDGE® Street, Race and Pro configurations. The partnership will extend KBRE’s reach into the Mopar performance aftermarket since resurrecting the business during 2017 while building on the new manufacturing capabilities added through it’s recent manufacturing partnership with RMC Engine in Saginaw, Michigan.

Commenting on the agreement, Darren Beale, Chief Executive Officer at KBRE said "We are delighted to be partnering with Best Machine for the resale of our premium engine block platforms. We’ve now calibrated the business to build on our new manufacturing capabilities and rebuild our market presence consistent with the strength, legacy, relevance and place in history of the Keith Black brand in American drag racing, and more generally in extreme horsepower applications. Best Machine adds to our enviable lineup of the very best US engine builders, representatives and advocates of our products and brand overall, so it’s a logical step for us to partner with Chuck and Pete".

Chuck Millen and Pete Costa, Best Machines’ two founders says “Everyone knows the market has been crying out for the reliable availability of a quality Mopar RB/B or HEMI engine block platform. We all know the Keith Black engine block well. It is a masterpiece in design, precision and strength, so we’re really excited and honored to be included in this small privileged fraternity of highly regarded engine builders. We know our customers will gain huge benefits from this. We also know just how large an effort and investment Darren and Tim have put into the business since they got involved last year, and believe the future is big and bright for KBRE, we like to support powerhouse products, brands and people”.

Best Machine is well known for it’s impeccable record in building record-setting and competition-winning engine combinations. Founded in 1999, Best Machine has close to 20 years of experience in the Mopar world, representing iconic names and teams such as Clinton Cranston (8 Time Monster Mopar KOS Champ), Big Time Bob Romano ( 2 time Monster Mopar KOS Champ), Dave Dudek (Dominating the 2017 FAST Series) and Mike Sanders (Awarded Fastest NNS Car in 2015 by NMCA). As well as many others racing in NHRA Top Sportsman, Super Stock, the Monster Mopar Series and Local Bracket events all around the world.

For inquiries contact:

Chuck Millen: chuck@bestmachineracing.com
Pete Costa: pete@bestmachineracing.com
Best Machine Racing Engines, Inc.
20780 Parker St
Farmington Hills, MI 48336
(248) 987-6038

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 02/05/18 04:19 PM

ScottSmith_Harms...when I ordered mine back in January 2006, I took delivery of it on March 29th 2006. They told me 6 months when I ordered it, but I got it in 3. That was when things were supposedly good at KB.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 02/05/18 09:56 PM

I believe most, if not all of the Hemi Blocks in the link to Best Machine belong to one person.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 02/05/18 11:21 PM

I believe most, if not all of the Hemi Blocks in the link to Best Machine belong to one person.

I'm wondering if they aren't Best Machines blocks why would they drop off close to 30 blocks just to go to the machinist there in Michigan and not directly? shruggy
Posted By: Cuda 1968

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 02/05/18 11:27 PM

Just wondering, what is the number on your new block?
Posted By: B1HEAD_USER

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 02/05/18 11:32 PM

I don't think that pic was at Best. I got the impression that Pete and Chuck went to RMC the shop that will be doing the machine work and that is where those blocks are.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 02/05/18 11:46 PM

Originally Posted By B1HEAD_USER
I don't think that pic was at Best. I got the impression that Pete and Chuck went to RMC the shop that will be doing the machine work and that is where those blocks are.

yes, you are correct. looking at Best Machines facebook page, it does say KB Blocks at RMC

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 02/06/18 01:18 AM

And they don't all belong to one person.
Several belong to me.
Todd
Posted By: 67autocross

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 02/06/18 01:20 AM

Why do they cast Mopar into the block?

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 02/06/18 01:32 AM

Because they used to be available through the MP network of dealers. Not anymore/
Todd

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 02/06/18 01:45 AM

The number on my block is 3350 in the pictures I have been sent.
Posted By: Chuck@Best_Machine

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 02/06/18 03:03 AM

Pete and I spent the day at RMC last Thursday, that's where the pictures were taken. There is roughly 35 partially machined and 20 unmachined castings and WedgeFED's solid low deck which was in the CNC machine, sorry but I didn't get a picture of that. We we're there to test fit components and go over all the details with the RMC crew. I believe as of today RMC has all the parts and components to begin getting these blocks finished.
Posted By: ozymaxwedge

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 02/06/18 07:50 AM

I should go back and read but...... Are these Wedge and Hemi ?

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 02/06/18 08:03 AM

Correct!

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 02/06/18 04:32 PM

My block got shipped from California. Block number 426-555, same block number that Ken Black gave me and sent me pictures of 2 years ago. Block has been checked out, and the machine work that old Ken did is fantastic! I'm still very confused about what's going on at Keith Black. In my nonprofessional white trash opinion, I don't think the powers at Keith Black know who's in charge. I truly do believe that the goat roper who works in the Taco Bell drive-thru could do a better good at figuring out what's going than the owners at KB. Anyway, if I can get pics to load, I'll share some eye candy!

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 02/06/18 05:56 PM

Is that a teeny tiny glimmer of light I see waaaaaaaaaay way down at the end of that tunnel?

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 02/06/18 06:05 PM

Originally Posted By hemi-itis
Originally Posted By Spaceman Spiff

Because of the 3 Gents that took on this project I have faith that it will happen.WHEN.............that's the mystery! work

Make that 4,the flow has begun! up

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 10/10/18 06:43 PM

If one was to order one who will you order from.?

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 10/10/18 07:34 PM

I'd order from Todd Marsh if I was wanting another one.
Posted By: cudatom

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 10/10/18 08:06 PM

Originally Posted By an8sec70cuda
I'd order from Todd Marsh if I was wanting another one.

Agreed Great guy to wk with and will walk you through the process.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 10/10/18 10:20 PM

Isn't he on the sponsor board here?

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 10/10/18 10:22 PM

Actually Darren was here at the shop yesterday. LOTS of good news to report but I will let him be the one to do that in the next couple days here. If you are waiting to see what has happened I believe most if not all of you will be pretty satisfied with the results.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 10/10/18 10:53 PM

Talk to Tod a few minutes ago,all sounds GOOD up

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 10/11/18 08:42 PM

FWIW I have had one on order through Todd since first part of August. Let everyone know when it arrives.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 10/11/18 09:25 PM

Originally Posted By racerx
Isn't he on the sponsor board here?

Todd IS Marsh Perormance.Easy guy to do spend your money with! up

http://www.mopartsracing.com/

Also an Indy dealer

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 10/12/18 12:39 AM

Wish he was closer ,probably consider him for my next build. up

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 10/12/18 01:10 AM

Ask Racer X, I told him the line formed to the left and there were 6 in line.You are number 3 Al. Good report from Darren on Tuesday. Things are moving in the right direction.
Todd

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 10/12/18 01:57 AM

Well hurry up why don't ya grin Maybe I should be #7 too...hmmmm
Posted By: 67mprfan

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 10/12/18 02:04 AM

Wish they were making wedges too

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 10/12/18 02:12 AM

Originally Posted By 67mprfan
Wish they were making wedges too

They are its what I have on order
Posted By: RATTRAP

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 10/12/18 01:02 PM

My block got shipped from California. Block number 426-555, Anyway, if I can get pics to load, I'll share some eye candy!

Ken put more blocks out than I thought after I finally got mine, Almost a 2 year ordeal, block# 426-495, The machining was poor, the bores were to be finished @ 4.500 ready to assemble. I had to have the bores fixed to square them up.(They never used deck plates)The water passages were filled with aluminum chips. Any one ordering a block in the future get the bores undersized and let a reputable machine shop do the finish work. IMO
Posted By: MattW

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 10/12/18 01:47 PM

My block got shipped from California. Block number 426-555, same block number that Ken Black gave me and sent me pictures of 2 years ago. Block has been checked out, and the machine work that old Ken did is fantastic! I'm still very confused about what's going on at Keith Black. In my nonprofessional white trash opinion, I don't think the powers at Keith Black know who's in charge. I truly do believe that the goat roper who works in the Taco Bell drive-thru could do a better good at figuring out what's going than the owners at KB. Anyway, if I can get pics to load, I'll share some eye candy!

LOl...

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 10/12/18 07:54 PM

When was this block received? Was it recently?
Todd

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 10/19/18 12:03 PM

bump
Posted By: Keith Black®

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 10/22/18 06:14 AM

Guys I will post a comprehensive update this week. Just touched down.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 10/22/18 06:19 AM

Cool smoke

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 10/22/18 07:05 AM

I believe all the people that are involved in the manufacturing process of the KB Blocks are being tested to line everything up so once the blocks go into full production or are going to be advertised for sale there will be no problems hopefully for someone to order. A numbered block will be given to the purchaser and a time or date can be then given to the person that orders the block as to when it should arrive. This could all change if all ducks don't line up but what I have seen of the NEW Block it sure looks like the wait is worth while.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 10/25/18 11:50 AM

Originally Posted By DarrenB

bump for this.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines - 10/25/18 02:05 PM

Originally Posted By DarrenB

Thanx Darren.....
© 2024 Moparts Forums