Originally Posted By Black 69 Beeper
Thing is I just want a fairly stock 383. Its a 4 speed, factory exhaust manifolds, and I have to run the factory intake to clear the air grabber. I'm not looking for a speed demon. All I wanted was a 383-4 speed-3:55 posi car. original equipment.

But that's not what you said you were building. You indicated a stroker kit $$$, and major machine work $. There are more economical ways. If just looking to get a freshened up engine, use stock components. Can the crank be cleaned up? Stock rods for 383 can be found economically here, ebay, etc. Id splurge for new custom pistons since you probably want to boost compression ratio some. I have also seen reworked (basic valve work) 452 heads for $750 a pair. Ebay aluminum intake close to stock dimensions (there are a couple out there) or reuse the iron. The $7800 without heads seams high to me too, but it does all add up.

I would guess you can come in under $5k going with stock parts. Is the dyno session to tune it or just check for leaks? I used a k frame and made a run in stand to check for leaks.

Last edited by RoadRunner; 01/09/18 12:28 PM.

68 Road Runner (383/4speed, post car w/decor pkg) - Major Project
69 Road Runner w/472 Hemi & 4 speed.
70 Challenger R/T SE EF8 w/ V9J, U - A32 - Major Project
2023 Ford Mach 1