Been trailering cars for 40 years now. I had a CDL for a while but dropped it last year after the new rules went into affect here in the godless state of Illinoise. tsk I have driven a vehicle that was 89' long, 45' Freightliner motorhome with 44' 4-car stacker across the county dozes of times, as well as a dually with a 53' fifth wheel trailer. I can tell you this, State laws trump Federal laws, that is FOR SURE! work The absolute WORST states to tow through are Pennsylvania and New Mexico, with Kalifornika a close third. mad PA has a law that states the tow vehicle license MUST have a weight rating equal to the truck and trailer, and all states have length limits. Only had problems with PA and CA, had to pay a fine for over length in PA for every mile I drove on the turnpike. CA has a 65' limit and they were trying to figure out how to tow me to impound, and couldn't do it so they let me drive it out of the state and told me to never come back! laugh2 Of course I did come back several times in the wee hours of the morning... whistling The new rules will make me never get a CDL again, and all my trucks and trailers will have RV plates on them from now on, IL has them and it keeps you from getting pulled over, been running them for decades now. That is why I have a cap on my truck and an LQ trailer if I am pulling more than 10K lbs. wave

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!