OK OK
when someone finally consults a lawyer in their state and gets a definitive answer please POST that for others to see that way we KNOW and are not just jerking around here

I have a match race / exhibition car---I am not paid and have no sponsors--no stickers on the car or trailer--my truck has proper tag, mirrors, etc to cover all the weight I don't race for $$ It is not a commercial enterprise and I do NOT deduct any of it on my taxes so...I plan on contacting a lawyer in NC that does DOT work--
But...I know in the past that there is always some uninformed or misinformed patrolman that does not like a fuel jug on board etc If they want you they will get you then it is off to the courthouse and a lawyer bill even if you are innocent I used to have and know the rules but since I have not been going much in last few years looks like I need an upgrade in the KNOWLEDGE department
I would suggest that anyone that tows do the same in their homestate so we can share
guessing that bracket racers that race for $$ are in a different situation

So...Lets go to work on it and not just yap about the durn Gov't we all know they suck and are out to get us but usually they just catch the uninformed

How about everyone here donate $5 and Moparts contact a lawyer and get some idea here we could all benefit greatly from a MILD donation
Hows that???????