I don't remember if I asked this or not. I know there are a lot of torsion bar posts but nothing I found said anything specific about convertibles. I'm looking at Firm Feel 1.06 and 1.12 bars. The wheel rates are a little higher on the A-body bars compared to the same size B and E body bars for obvious reasons.

I'm not concerned about the ride being too harsh with the larger bars. I'll be using some good quality shocks. My concern is in regard to the stiffer springs and the lack of rigidity in the convertible. Are the larger bars going to basically tear the car up?(or is a convertible stronger than I'm giving it credit for)

I'll be running larger disc brakes and 18" wheels up front. I'm definitely going to tie the frame together with some type of frame connector but I'm not sure what style at this point. The car does have factory torque boxes. I had the K-member fully welded and steering box mounts reinforced. I also added the factory fender to cowl braces that the 74+ cars used.(thought it couldn't hurt)