Hello moparts,been away for awhile life happens . Im seeking advice on a 318 i built along time ago. I copied the engine masters build " cheep as dirt 318" to the letter (if youve never heard of it google and it pops right up)except engine masters used 360 smog heads and the macine shop that built the engine for me swore up and down 318 heads was what i should use ( keep in mind i am pretty green at this time ) they made a great argument and i gave in they sold me a set of good 318 302 castings smog heads for 50$ and closed off the smog ports for me all the machine work that would have been done to the 360s the 318 heads got stainless 2.02 valves and all i didnt have any issues with the engine except it liked to shove push rods through rocker arms but ill be putting in a set of harland sharps this go around to counter that with all that said my questions are :
(1) was the 318 head swap a good move for making power ?
(2) anything i could do with this combo to make it more powerful?
Thanks in advance ive always found good insight here and as i get back into my toy box i call a shop im sure ill be needing help from more experienced folk .

67 charger fastback 318 stock 67 belvedere II 4dr soft top built 318 68 newport 2dr hard top 318 84 b150 440/727 84 d150 short wheel step side 4x4 lifted 87 omnitruck (you just have to see it ) new addition 63 dart wagon !!!