A few months ago my car sprung a massive leak right in the middle of a long length of Earls perform O flex -8 braided hose.
I couldn,t believe it since they were only about 5 years old as well . I didn,t know what to think so after a little investigating i saw that quite a few other people have recently had this same probelm as well and there is even a disclaimer about it on Earl,s website !!!

Though it doesnt sound like that,s your problem( right now at least) i figured i,d mention it since it sounds like were both running the same lines of the same age and probably the same fuel.

Suposedly certain additives in SOME pump gas can break these and other standard fuel hoses down over time. They mention if in doubt to run the teflon lined hose !

After reading that i was seeing as how i had about $500 worth of hose and fittings in the car and would have to
change over to teflon would require all new fittings .

Well long story short i no longer trusted the rest of the hoses after that and there was no way i was gonna spend another 500 +++ .................so I ended up just running all new hard lines and for the flex connections i used R9 rated hose which has a liner to combat the nasty additives and is availible at any decent auto parts store.

Like i said this is probably not your issue ( at least not right now) Just something to consider for anyone running these lines or considering it.

I got lucky since it happened in my driveway and when the car was still cold ........it could have been alot worse.

If you can smell gas fumes in your garage with no visible leaks , that,s fuel seeping though and slowly breaking down those nice pretty expensive lines.