I have a 300hp crate 360 Magnum that I'm running in a 91 1/2 ton short bed dodge truck.
I had been running a Mopar performance distributor that had been re-worked and set up by don at Fbo systems.
I've ran that distributor for 5 years, had to replace 2 pick up coils in it in the last 5 years, last night I was working on replacing another pick up coil and was trying to get the advance plate to stay steady and not flop around in the distributor, while I was fiddling around with
It I accidently dropped the distributor out of my vice and a big chunk of the housing broke from hitting the concrete floor 😡😡😡😡
So I decided screw this distributor I'm gonna order a firecore 50.
I've heard they are great, I was hoping a few people would be willing to share some
Info on them, like what's the mechanical advance set at out of the box? And what is the advance rate out of the box?
Is it easy to adjust the mechanical advance? Does it require any special tools to set the advance? I've heard they are a lot like the old mopar units with the Mallory guts.
Do you need the little plastic stops to set the mechanical advance?
I need 16-18 degrees of mechanical advance, and I'd like the advance rate to be all in by 2500-2800 somewhere in there would be perfect.
I'm considering ordering it from Mancini racing.
Unless someone here knows of a better place to purchase one from, I'm trying to get it as quick as possible and ups says I should have it in 3-4 days from Mancini.
I haven't placed the order yet cause I'm still trying to learn a little more about them before I do.