MY GOD, These cars are insane.

So, I settled with the fact that I would be driving it for a little while in the condition I described above. At peace with that fact, I start doing other things like putting the door panel back on, replacing the fuse for the horn, playing with the gauge cluster fuse (the gauge is fully digital, but looks all scrambled and weird, just another issue to deal with I guess). There is this hissing noise whenever you open the door and the gauge cluster lights up, and continues after the car starts. Well, take out the 4 amp gauge cluster fuse and the hissing goes away. Not sure what the hell that is, but I did notice at least 3 vacuum pods under the dash. So I also replaced the front passenger caliper which was rusted and locked up, bled the brake line, and finally put some under dash wire harness connectors back on their mounts (they were just hanging). I finally installed the under dash cover and now Im tired and I want to enjoy my labor and go for a cruise.. well, a cruise that involves the engine flooding every ten minutes, but whatever I know I just undo my jumper on the asdm and then crank the car and burn up the flooded gas, then re-jumper the asdm. Its worth it after a day of labor.

SO, I get in the car. Apparently an exhaust leak has begun somewhere, cause I can really hear it now. I take the car out from my coltesac, and give it some gas, it hesitates and BAM backfires through intake, so I just take it slow and easy. The driving characteristics begin to change. hard to explain, but it ends up with the car dying.

So I get out and take the jumper off the asdm and plug the asdm back in its connector as usual. I get in the car, turn the key and after a couple seconds it turns on and I sit and wait for it to die. But.... it doesnt die... it keeps running! I was mystified and scared at the same time. Could it really have solved itself??? I shut the hood, and go driving. peppy acceleration, doesnt run smooth but it runs. I drove it all over. It doesnt like hills, but does great on the flat roads.

So apparently the EFI decided its going to work again. I get home and get out to investigate exhaust leak. I opened the hood and within seconds my eyes are burning and crying, I backed up.. then looked under the car.. for a few seconds until my eyes begin to burn and cry again. It was running fatty fat pig rich. Must be because I took the needle and seat out, which was necessary at the time, but now is causing it to run super rich. I also had the o2 unplugged for same reason, to help it run better back when the asdm was shutting everything down, so I plug it back in. I turned the car off and called it a night.

Looks like I now have a running driving imperial with a fuel control computer that has decided it likes all the attention Ive been giving her and will now operate correctly when I turn her on.

So tomorrow, I re-install the needle/seat in the FI unit, and take a look at the exhaust. hopefully its just leaking at the connection points so I can solve the problem with some remflex gaskets and be done with it.