I am probably buying an 81 318 fuel injected Chrysler today.

The previous owner wanted to switch to carb years ago and began taking off everything above the intake. That was some time ago, and he never finished. Ive switched a 76 Cordoba from lean burn to carb. It took a new Dizzy, new eddy intake, eddy 625 carb, coil, splug wires, plugs and a box. Plus some vacuum line re-routing/ eliminating. Worked fine.

Since this was a 76 and the 'computer' in the air filter housing only controlled limited items so removing it wasnt a hassle and didnt disrupt any gauges or other systems, and only involved minor wire modifications and only in the engine bay.

Now, I've never owned an 81 chrysler, and it has pieces missing from the intake and up. So, what do I need to convert it? Were 81's still Lean Burn technology, or did they have a more modern ECM that controlled more than just ignition system? If so, is there a ecm somewhere under the hood or in cabin? Did it use sensors on the engine, exhaust and tranny to get info? Will disabling it mess with any other systems besides ignition, and will it affect any accessories or interior gauges/switches?

Basically, if it is different and controls more than the 76 lean burn computer, what all do I need to convert to carb?

Also, if it is better than a 76 lean burn computer, would it be more cost effective, less of a hassle, or just more efficient to just restore the original FI system?