YOU!!! All this time... You've been holding out! I had no idea this stuff was out there...

Originally Posted By TC@HP2

If you aren't concerned with legality or using bias ply, then look at American Racer (formerly McCreary) IMCA spec tires. they offer a variety of sizes in both metric and old school alpha-numeric format along with a variety of tread patterns. Street stock d.o.t is where you might start: http://www.americanraceronline.com/tires/dot-street-stock/

The ones you linked wont do... they're slick. As are most ov the other options. All-out slicks aren't gonna pass ANY cop's wandering eye, but the treaded tires just might. The one treaded option is too small (1" narrower than a 295). BUT... there is a dirt track tire there... in the 295/50-ish size... with tread. Wonder how that'd work on pavement?

Are these that cheap?

Quote:
Also look into Towel City Racing Tires. They offer competition retreads built on d.o.t. carcasses that are available with our without tread designs. They also offer cambered surfaces on some sizes. Dirt track tires with tread may be the starting point with these. They also offer pie crust cheater slicks for the vintage guys; http://www.towelcityracingtires.com/racing-tires/dirt-racing-tires.aspx

The rub with both of these are they are designed as competition and spec track tires, so buying as a freelance driver might be a bit tough unless you can convince them you are an outlaw racer. They have policies about not selling direct in order to avoid cutting out track operators who make money off of track spec tires. You could always see if they have a distributor in your area and buy through them. Upside to both, they aren't expensive and they will out grip any standard street tire.

I DO know a circle-track racer locally who's pretty well-known. Been doing it forever... his stuff looked pretty damn serious to me. I paid him to bring his car scales over to my house to scale my last car. Maybe he could set me up with anything i couldn't otherwise get.

Oddly enough, back to the original idea for a question... Where exactly are you scoring those 295 Marauder's for $150? I cant find anything remotely reasonable on them.