Driveshaft showed up today. Installed that and started it up. Warmed it up but it wasn't idling very well. Then it started missing. Checked all the plug wires with the timing light. All good. Pulled the plugs and they all looked ok. Checked the compression and they were all 125-135psi EXCEPT for #1. 0 psi. Nothing... Pulled the drivers side valve cover and turned the engine over by hand. Rockers were opening and closing the valves. Used my borescope to check the combustion chamber and the piston. All looked ok from what I could tell and the piston was going up and down.

I just called it for tonight. Next will be a leak-down test to see where the compression is going. After thinking about it, it is probably excessive lifter preload. They did have .060-.080" but they were no where near bottoming out. I read that some folks just bolt them up without issues. I guess that they were just lucky.

So I either need custom pushrods or a set of adjustable rockers with the cup style pushrods. The pushrods would be less expensive, but I could go to 1.6 ratio rockers with the adjustable type if I have enough clearance.

Last edited by MoPwer; 03/01/17 07:22 AM. Reason: Figured out the issue

-78 Utiline (5.7 Hemi)