Originally Posted By RUMBLON
Does anyone know of some Dakota project build threads for these style of swaps. Im going to use this 92 Dakota one way or another, with either a 48-52 Studebaker or one of these Pilot house Dodge truck cabs I have sitting here. I have a 50 and a 52 pilot house five window cabs sitting here.

Just wondering of someone has build threads that may save me some time and give me some options. I want to use the Dakota chassis, engine ect as it runs very well.

Dave

I bought a 1995 Dakota regular cab shortbox. The front brake were metal on metal, but it's a 6 lug. I bought 5 lug rotors and hubs which were cheap, and I'll toss brake pads on. Convert the rear to a 5 lug with a Dana 60 or 8 3/4, then I'll swap on my 1960 Dodge cab.
I want to keep the EFI of the Dakota but I want old style gauges, so I have some wiring work to do.... but I want an EFI 318/ 4 speed auto rack and pinion 1960.

My Dakota is low mile 318/auto. It's amazingly good shape, runs like a top, asking price was $500 because of the brakes so we offered $250 and he took it.
Can't lose?

CrAzYMoPaRGuY