top8x7b , do you recall what it ran ? any pics from the old days or maybe a track photographer's name ?
i found out some more :
i got a call back from one of the former owners/drivers . he tells me the car was built in 1976 , as a body in white , it ran in b/gas with a tunnel ram hemi and a clutchflite trans . the car was raced with the name "SPECIAL EDITION " , and it held some records in nhra . the body was steel because of the rules they had but it had the glass hood and a tube frame with all alum floor and interior ......... in the 80's , after it was no longer in a class , it was bracket raced with a 400/440 crank with original b1 heads , that he said were too big and slowed it down . (explains the huge header primaries ). it seems the car went to a couple of the guys who knew each other and it ended up with this last engine . a 400 with stroker crank , alum rods , roller cam , and b1 bs heads . he says he saw it run 9.40 at 140 with the current engine . it 60 foots in the 1.20's (for that e.t. and big tires & light weight it should ) . some of the guys involved in the car have passed but several are still with us . . i am waiting to see some pics he says he has of the original build . i will share when i get more info ..............i found my supertrick wheels so it will look like this pic now

500 size for moparts.jpg

Just an old man in his late 50's now that grew up in the 60's and 70's around real muscle cars when they were still new and cutting edge . I was from Michigan but raised in SO. Calif. from a young age until I came back home to get away from the nightmare traffic and smog laws and way too expensive living cost . I am still addicted to mopars and mostly early station wagons , but still love most of the pre '73 mopars the most .