dont take offense ,your pics of the yellow car reminds me of our yellow taxi volare was a joke car that was done for laughs . it was heavily rusted underneath the bondo and yellow paint . it was driven from louisiana with 430 gears (i am glad it wasn't me driving ) , we took it on trade for the 340 that was in it . nothing special , a cast crank 340 with a 501 comp cam hyd. we played with it , put gears and slicks , 750 dp carb and a 3500 stall conv. we got that car to go 12.68 at terminal island in so cal. our 14 year old nephew learned to drive in that car on the strip . we later put a 360 in it with a cheater cam and got it to run mid 11's until it ripped the spring mounts out of the body . we called it the yeller cab and it got a lot of laughs .
Originally Posted By hemi-itis
A friend of mine has one here on Long Island,but it's been hidden away for years!

taxi at brotherhood raceway 2 .jpg

Just an old man in his late 50's now that grew up in the 60's and 70's around real muscle cars when they were still new and cutting edge . I was from Michigan but raised in SO. Calif. from a young age until I came back home to get away from the nightmare traffic and smog laws and way too expensive living cost . I am still addicted to mopars and mostly early station wagons , but still love most of the pre '73 mopars the most .