Originally Posted By jcc
Originally Posted By Bob J
What about running an 727 or a 518 or so with a 650Hp Big Block in Autocross?

A stock 318 is enough to get the novice driver in over thier heads fairly easy, just sayin, before you quickly discover putting down 650hp with a big block is rather difficult, but driving it like a go kart (left foot braking) is fun. up

I have been running a Porsche 911 in super street for years now. I have been looking to upgrade to a 997 GTS or a 997 GT3 but they just let the 991 GT3 in the class. I also looked at a 08 Boxster RS60 Spyder for BS or taking my car to ASP with Hoosiers, but this is my daily driver and that would take mt 911 out of daily use with camber plates high spring rates and -3.5 deg of camber. Plus I need a trailer. This project has been stalled since I started racing the Porsche's. Hell I bought the engine parts in 06 with the Wilwoods so I just want my big block power back. Anyway here in Colorado I will be only at around 550 Hp. The last 10 years is the first time I haven't had a built big block since the late 70's.
Buy the way I'm a SCCA SOLO safety steward so I'm not a novice. I'm just looking to finish a long over do project car and have a blast driver to the limit OK and past the limit and to kill a few more cones. This is what I have been running from a few years ago at a Match Tour.

IMG_0388_zpsigptcoc9 champ 2015 (1280x853).jpg
Last edited by Bob J; 12/17/16 02:44 AM.

07 Porsche C2 997.1 6spd DD and SCCA Solo II SS
68 Plymouth GTX Convert. 493cu Hotkiss Wilwood Classic air, Building for Solo II Cam
65 Chrysler 300 Convert. project
57 Desoto 2dr. Firesweep 392 Hemi,Wilwood Project with son
2003 Dodge Dakota R/T "DEAD"