Originally Posted By buconine
It will be great to have anther mopar at the races! The Chenowths and I are the lone mopars at nats the last couple years.
Shooting to have my cam-t valiant ready by spring but that is a long shot as i just took on another major project. It will be a 500hpish rb with a 727. I had some of the same concerns with the auto but i think i will be fine. I'm running a 275 35 18 square with a 323 gear. Our average course speed is 40-45mph with peaks of 68-70 mph on the really fast courses. That will stick me in 1st for most of the courses with the occasional blip into 2nd.

Can't wait to get this thing done. My 15 scat pack is fun but just isn't competitive nationally. Hoping the valiant does better. Good luck on your build!

I'm not sure that I could make it to nats next year. I don't think that I will finish till about mid season. Even if I get it finished in time it will take some time for me to dial in a new type of car that I'm use to. And damit I will have to learn how to drive something that doesn't have large weight at the rear that I can use to turn the car. grin
On the speeds that sounds about correct. I was hitting the limiter in second a few times in the finish lights at about 67-68 with the tires that I ran last year.

07 Porsche C2 997.1 6spd DD and SCCA Solo II SS
68 Plymouth GTX Convert. 493cu Hotkiss Wilwood Classic air, Building for Solo II Cam
65 Chrysler 300 Convert. project
57 Desoto 2dr. Firesweep 392 Hemi,Wilwood Project with son
2003 Dodge Dakota R/T "DEAD"