Quote:

My son plays ball with a boy whose Dad works for the production company in Charlotte responsible for ESPN Motorsports coverage.

FWIW....regarding Paul Page....he said when Page was selected NONE of the staff broadcasters wanted the NHRA job including Page himself.

apparently Drag Racing is considered a Sideshow Act as far as the Charlotte based (deep in the Heart of Nascar) production company is concerned....I think they used to be (or may still be) called RPM motorsports.

That's where you should petition

Also, fwiw, when you have otherwise "dead-Air" during the rainout of ANY Sports event...it's pretty dull....the TV equivalent of "pick a card, any card!" stalling for time. Think how the Advertisers feel!!

I'll send the same info to them and thanks.

As for no one wanting the job, I can't imagine NHRA paying a production company who considers them a side show, and Paul Page being the only one desperate enough to host the show. Let them post that job up at half salary and I bet there would be a number of guy's like Dunn lined up around the block. Page has little knowledge of the sport, or at least it appears that way, and is just plain annoying because of it. If RPM, ESPN, doesn't care about the quality of the show, and it's known in their circle NHRA should fire them. With 500 plus channels all hungry for programing, I KNOW for a fact there's better out there. Thanks for the comments!