I have strong feelings concerning the content of ESPN's NHRA coverage with down time content, show focus, and personalities chosen to host the show, namely Paul Page.

I would like to gather comments from members to send to ESPN in hopes of making the show more palatable to actual race fans.

My suggestions are to first replace Paul Page as commentator. Cease personal interest stories that are not directly related to racing, and spend that air time on the technology of racing to include in depth looks at the cars as a whole, maintenance, parts, performance, and driver/crew duties. In my estimation ESPN's depiction of NHRA events are a combination of clown/circus atmosphere with interjections of untimely placed stories of racing deaths, and deaths occurring outside the sport. The unrelated topic of Ashley Forces wedding, including photos, an interview with John Force about her wedding, his weight, and numerous other unrelated topics are just a sample of wasted air time in my opinion. During that interview he mentioned new injectors developed by Force racing, and that topic was never addressed for sake of wedding information.

I enjoy watching John Force and crew race and have my entire life, so my comments are not focused on Force racing, but rather the continued waste of time on off topic show material and content.

The drunken dance party like atmosphere ESPN likes to portrays NHRA events to be, detracts from the highly technical, and serious nature of the sport and also falsely portrays and assumes it's fans to be so dull witted and uninterested in the sport itself that unrelated, and uninteresting stories are suitable filler for down time content.

If you have time, or interest please post your comments

Last edited by dthemi; 02/13/09 11:20 AM.