I wanted to cover all possible variables that could cause this problem for me before reassembly. I performed the following of the parts I had on hand.

Flexplate: All flexplates had the same offset
B&M 10230
TCI 145200
Mopar Perf (Part Number unknown)

Torque converters:
Dynamic 9.5" 4200 stall
Turbo Action 10" 3800 stall
B&M 10" 3500 stall

Only the Turbo Action converter comes anywhere near contacting the flexplate to crankshaft bolts. See pics of B&M and Dynamic converters below. Note: There are no witness marks where the converter contacted the flexplate bolts, this is the same vehicle, same Engnie/Trans combo.

The bolts Turbo Action recommends is a joke, a milled bolt pictured below that I never should have installed. The ARP thin headed bolts will now be reinstalled.

Bolt head measurement:
T/A bolts - .188-.198
ARP bolts - .204
Stock (non-milled bolt) .250

So not only does T/A recommend to run this compromised bolt but you also may have to add washers hammer Seriously!!
There is nothing mentioned in the instructions from B&M or Dynamic stating anything of the sort and its not needed with these brand coverters either.

I will say that the T/A converter did work as designed when installed despite the leak concern. However, I think its time T/A heads back to the drawing board on converter cores.

Most websites dont even mention the need for a different bolt or washers. So I would only assume many people buy the converter, read the instructions only to find out they now need to order a custom flexplate bolt and also need to head to the hardware store from some washers. This is something I would expect to be doing on a farm truck or tractor that one is cobbling together.

TA bolts.jpgDynamic.jpgB&M.jpg
Last edited by B5496RR; 11/04/16 12:21 PM.