Got to my motel real late Thursday night, so it was nice to have a 15 minute drive into the race Friday morning.

My buddy Scott came all the way from Daytona to help me out, he finally was able to get all my screw ups on my car fixed and towards the end of the weekend it came around, and was able to have some fun racing it.
Good seeing friends, many of whom I only see at Norwalk. Walt and Russ, Dartman 366, 340 Rick and his brother, both of whom drove they're newly finished/ acquired Darts in to make a couple of passes. Both sweet!!!!! Ricks's little brothers car is faster.... Lol

Shoutout to Rick Gorski, great guy. Done a great job with Firecore. He made a special trip over to my pit spot on Sundayafter digging around to find a shirt big enough to fit me. Thanks Rick, you da man.

Got a chance to look at the new heads Rod Bloomer has developed. Color me extremely impressed. The casting quality is outstanding, and the attention to detail is awesome.
Those would make a very good foundation for probably up to a 650 horse stroker small block..... Hummmm.
Somebody else mentioned the parking price . I thought that was over the top gouging. My wife came over Saturday evening after closing our business Sat afternoon. She was greeted with a 90 dollar tab to come in and park behind my truck and trailer( which I didn't want to keep unhooking.
Should be some allowance for one crew member to park with ou on the race side. She paid it, but darn.... That's frigging outrageous.
Also posted we would get two time trials on Saturday. We only got one. No explanation( that I heard). I can't speak for everybody, but due to lack of time, this event was my second time to a track all season. Those time trials are beneficial to sorting out the car. Wasn't happy about that.
Other than all that, kinda like these dates, in spite of rain Fri night, and a short bit of it on Saturday, the law of averages says WAY better chance of good weather now compared to mid September. Nobody set any personal bests , but I like it this time of year. Hope it stays like this.
Fun time.

Last edited by B3422W5; 08/01/16 01:30 PM.

69 Dart GTS A4 Silver All steel, flat factory hood, 3360race weight
418 BPE factory replacement headed stroker, 565 lift solid cam
Best so far, low 10.30’s 1/4
1.41 best 60 foot
6.56 at 104.17