Moparts

Thoughts on Monster Mopar weekend

Posted By: B3422W5

Thoughts on Monster Mopar weekend - 08/01/16 05:26 PM

Got to my motel real late Thursday night, so it was nice to have a 15 minute drive into the race Friday morning.

My buddy Scott came all the way from Daytona to help me out, he finally was able to get all my screw ups on my car fixed and towards the end of the weekend it came around, and was able to have some fun racing it.
Good seeing friends, many of whom I only see at Norwalk. Walt and Russ, Dartman 366, 340 Rick and his brother, both of whom drove they're newly finished/ acquired Darts in to make a couple of passes. Both sweet!!!!! Ricks's little brothers car is faster.... Lol

Shoutout to Rick Gorski, great guy. Done a great job with Firecore. He made a special trip over to my pit spot on Sundayafter digging around to find a shirt big enough to fit me. Thanks Rick, you da man.

Got a chance to look at the new heads Rod Bloomer has developed. Color me extremely impressed. The casting quality is outstanding, and the attention to detail is awesome.
Those would make a very good foundation for probably up to a 650 horse stroker small block..... Hummmm.
Somebody else mentioned the parking price . I thought that was over the top gouging. My wife came over Saturday evening after closing our business Sat afternoon. She was greeted with a 90 dollar tab to come in and park behind my truck and trailer( which I didn't want to keep unhooking.
Should be some allowance for one crew member to park with ou on the race side. She paid it, but darn.... That's frigging outrageous.
Also posted we would get two time trials on Saturday. We only got one. No explanation( that I heard). I can't speak for everybody, but due to lack of time, this event was my second time to a track all season. Those time trials are beneficial to sorting out the car. Wasn't happy about that.
Other than all that, kinda like these dates, in spite of rain Fri night, and a short bit of it on Saturday, the law of averages says WAY better chance of good weather now compared to mid September. Nobody set any personal bests , but I like it this time of year. Hope it stays like this.
Fun time.
Posted By: STEFF

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar weekend - 08/01/16 06:21 PM

My son was really disappointed in his red light against you. Was his first of the weekend. You both ran .05 slower than your dial ins.

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar weekend - 08/01/16 06:29 PM

Originally Posted By STEFF
My son was really disappointed in his red light against you. Was his first of the weekend. You both ran .05 slower than your dial ins.

Yeah. Last 4 runs before that I was between 40-50 on the tree. Not great, but at least getting some consistency.
You come up to my car and say... Take it easy on my kid, and first thing I think is..... Don't go red against this kid just learning to race. So I made the stupid decision to try and back off a little( and I know better than that... Lol) so had a sleepy 90 light. I was there for the taking. He had me easy.
Next round I went 006 Red. Probably deserve it for getting lucky against your son.
Good seeing you guys!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Roughbird72

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar weekend - 08/01/16 06:32 PM

We only spectated on saturday & had a good time, despite leaving early because of the weather. Took a friend that's a GM guy & he liked it as well, said he's never seen that many Darts & Furys in one place. lol
Posted By: STEFF

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar weekend - 08/01/16 06:38 PM

Good seeing you as well! Yeah, he was doing pretty good on the tree all weekend. That's why he was so mad at himself.

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar weekend - 08/01/16 06:51 PM

Lots of ultra cool cars there this past weekend.
But easily my favorite on the property was this dark blue painted Warlock over under the trees on the show side. Blown hemi in it, attention to detail was incredible
Guy said he bought it in pieces and parts 15 years ago. Just finished it this year. Definitely a labor of love, great job on it. SWEET truck!
Posted By: birdtracker

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar weekend - 08/01/16 08:58 PM

I 2nd that on the Warlock. Absolutely stunning front to back. Birdtracker
Posted By: dvw

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar weekend - 08/01/16 09:25 PM

Weather was tough to run index. Up to a 10 mph head wind, at times. Combined with 3500+ D/A made for some less than stellar numbers. We were very happy to be able to stay on the A/FX index. Had a great time swing people and still missedan a bunch I would have liked to meet. Personally I like September date better. But I'll show up anytime.
Doug
Posted By: 64hemi330sedan

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar weekend - 08/01/16 09:47 PM

letting us run on 1/4 indexes instead of 1/2 would help that problem. if its good enough for afx it should be good for all classes. my car was thirteen numbers slow. tried to pick it up but no go. so I had to try to slow down almost four tenths. not a easy task.
Posted By: JLC

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar weekend - 08/01/16 11:18 PM

I'm with you on the 1/4 index. Last time I ran NSS I had 395 pounds of weight in the car.
Posted By: a493demon

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar weekend - 08/01/16 11:34 PM

I just bought a tech card for trophy class for 50 bucks and parked with all the KOS guys all weekend since my junk was broke. Had a great time seeing friends I haven't seen in a year or more .
Posted By: joshking440

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar weekend - 08/02/16 02:17 AM

That's interesting take on the parking cost.

I offer free parking in the spectator parking lot....for spectators.

I've never paid less then 50 to park inside the facility and have often considered upping the cost. For every 1 person who will park in tight next to their rigs there are 10 who clog up the pits.

Next time we sit and talk at the track and you see me multiple times, bring that up to me. Easier than me having to track this down to talk about it on the net
Posted By: nss guy

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar weekend - 08/02/16 02:36 AM

Had a great time, like the July date. If it rains the track will dry a lot faster in warm weather. Keep the NSS rules aligned with the NMCA, everyone knows what they are and you had a good turnout, 40+ cars.

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar weekend - 08/02/16 02:37 AM

Maybe I am unique Josh in that I tow my trailer over behind a truck and stay at a motel.
I also rent a golf cart because I have a bad wheel. I don't like using the truck to dash around, prefer a car that isn't hooked up.
So had my wife parked on the spectator side, not only would I have to go get her( which is fine) but when we leave at night I would have to walk over there because what would I do with my cart. Which I leave in my pits.
So my wife arrived a 6 Saturday night. Cost her 20 to watch, another 20 watch Sunday, which is fine, and 50 to park behind my trailer so we can jump in the car and leave together.
I think One car/ crew person per racer is the ticket. It's what 131 did during the IHRA northern heyday when Evan was throwing money at it.
I do real good. It isn't the 90 bucks. I spent probably a grand just to come over for the weekend to race my slow car and see my buddies. And most hotels are way higher because Cedar point is in high season this time of year.
Just think that's a fee you should look at for spouses or a single crew guy. There is PLENTY of room there. The event isn't THAT big.
Just to add, I did see you a few times...... All before my wife got there Saturday night and told me what it cost to get in.......
Actually the wife was more pissed about it than me. And she is the nicest person you would ever want to meet.
She is used to coming up to 131 over the years and saying at the gate she is with me, and coming right back to my spot when she arrives late, no matter the event. Never paid an extra dime to have her in my pit with her car
Posted By: dvw

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar weekend - 08/02/16 02:42 AM

Originally Posted By JLC
I'm with you on the 1/4 index. Last time I ran NSS I had 395 pounds of weight in the car.

I'd be happy to show you guys how to slow it down. Piece of cake. No need for any weight. I used to run my 10 teen car at 11.0 once in awhile just to shake things up. The current car has been adjusted to run 9.50 as well. That's close to .40 slow. Now staying on the the dial once you get it close, that is another issue. I've been at it a long time. This weekend we managed to stay between 9.227-9.257 on our flat out runs over a wide swing in track temp and weather.
Doug

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar weekend - 08/02/16 04:52 AM

Nevermind

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar weekend - 08/02/16 04:56 AM

We will continue to mirror the commonly accepted NSS rules.

We are looking to make some slight adjustments to Hemi to make that class a little more inclusive without disrupting the spirit of the class. I know Hemi guys like having Hemi classes but we need more Hemi cars to pay Hemi purses.

With that said. Huge thanks to Gary Murphy, John Buehler(even though he double dipped on me) And all the other Hemi guys who continue to grow with us.

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar weekend - 08/02/16 05:27 AM

Originally Posted By joshking440
I appreciate your insight to the financials of the race I pay to put on.

Like I said. I've really considered upping that price. Me giving out extra stuff because unhooking your truck from your trailer is an inconvenience is kinda whiny. I mean come on man. It's 100k just to pay the bills for that race Don. That's doesn't include anything leading up to the race. I sold about 100 parking passes.

2017 parking passes will be $1000....and entry will be free to race.

Problem solved

I will still come. But I think the 50 bucks to have one car( and spouse/ friend in your pit) with you isn't a big deal. The reason you sold 100 passes is because it is a ripoff.
You already doubled buy backs. And the gamblers race.
If you aren't making money, why do it? Who is whining here.just stating my opinion the 50 bucks to park at a bracket race is outrageous. We have different opinions. I am cool with that..... And why taking away the second time trial on Saturday, especially when lots of guys get there then...... Without an explanation ... It said on my schedule two on Friday and Saturday.
Martin is putting on a fri/ sat/ Sunday race coming up this weekend. 199 to race for 2/5/5 the three days and pays 16 places each day.
Just don't be greedy brother.

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar weekend - 08/02/16 05:47 AM

FWIW it cost me 15 bucks a day for me and 15 for who ever I bring to the local track and then have to pay 35 to race a class. So if it was a 4 day event it would cost me 60 bucks at the local small track (not a mopar race ) to bring another person .

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar weekend - 08/02/16 05:56 AM

Originally Posted By a493demon
FWIW it cost me 15 bucks a day for me and 15 for who ever I bring to the local track and then have to pay 35 to race a class. So if it was a 4 day event it would cost me 60 bucks at the local small track (not a mopar race ) to bring another person .

Well here it's 20 bucks per day ( or 50 for the three days) plus another 50 to park the car on the race side. So 100 bucks for my wife to have her and our car in my pits. That doesn't include my 190 bucks to race the three days.
Guess I don't get your point?

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar weekend - 08/02/16 06:01 AM

60 buck's for 4 day's plus 140 bucks to race a class plus 60 bucks for wife at a local small weekly race . It cost me 200 bucks at MMW and would cost me 260 at a local race . So I guess my point is buy a trophy class tech card and save money .

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar weekend - 08/02/16 06:08 AM

Originally Posted By a493demon
60 buck's for 4 day's plus 140 bucks to race a class plus 60 bucks for wife at a local small weekly race . point is it cost me 200 bucks at MMW and would cost me 260 at a local race .

MMW is 3 days, not four.
Our local track is 60 bucks to race for 2000 to win. Guaranteed payout.12-15 bucks to watch, depending on the weekend.

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar weekend - 08/02/16 06:10 AM

well I always get to that race on Thursday so I guess you are correct.
Posted By: d330

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar weekend - 08/02/16 02:37 PM

We are looking to make some slight adjustments to Hemi to make that class a little more inclusive without disrupting the spirit of the class. I know Hemi guys like having Hemi classes but we need more Hemi cars to pay Hemi purses.

With that said. Huge thanks to Gary Murphy, John Buehler(even though he double dipped on me) And all the other Hemi guys who continue to grow with us.

Josh. how many hemi cars where there?
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar weekend - 08/02/16 03:25 PM

Josh - this is a great event and the NSS class would have had more cars but the date had some impact due to other events - As far as the HEMI class I do think I can add 1 car to that list for next year as long as me and DoubleD can get the car together by then whistling Watch out Gary and John - We'll be coming after ya all.....
Posted By: Dan Brewer

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar weekend - 08/02/16 03:41 PM

Something to keep in mind as a racer, you are also paying a little more to race to see the show cars and shop for parts in a swap meet that Josh does not charge for swap spots. I'm cool with that. I prefer the Sept date also, but its not my show. I'll show up as long as there is not snow on the ground. I had a great weekend in the swap and on the track. Thanks to Josh for sticking with the program and drying the track Sat (I'm sure that cost extra) It worked out well for me.

Dan
Posted By: NewMethods

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar weekend - 08/02/16 04:10 PM

thank you Josh had a good weekend , feeling like a bridesmaid with another semi final finish in Pro. Missed my traveling partner and friend Hemi Bill {rip}, and conjrats to Gary Jacobs going rounds in Hemi in his brother Ricks 65 Satalite street car at 12.00
Posted By: dbran451

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar weekend - 08/02/16 05:47 PM

Had a great time this weekend son lost in the finals of the 10-0 class and went 4 rounds on Sunday cost to race is what it is so no complaints and I understand the charge for taking up pit space with drivers only complaint was some of the cars in pro doing there burnouts across the starting line this was also going on in the 10-0 class if the rules aren't going to be enforced then don't have them
Posted By: JAKE68

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar weekend - 08/02/16 06:44 PM

Originally Posted By NewMethods
thank you Josh had a good weekend , feeling like a bridesmaid with another semi final finish in Pro. Missed my traveling partner and friend Hemi Bill {rip}, and conjrats to Gary Jacobs going rounds in Hemi in his brother Ricks 65 Satalite street car at 12.00

thanks Rob, congrats to you on your semi finish. I had a blast driving my brothers street car that car was pretty consistant. Just hard to cut a light when your used to a lot faster car.
Posted By: nhramark

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar weekend - 08/02/16 07:38 PM

Originally Posted By B3422W5

Also posted we would get two time trials on Saturday. We only got one. No explanation( that I heard). I can't speak for everybody, but due to lack of time, this event was my second time to a track all season. Those time trials are beneficial to sorting out the car. Wasn't happy about that.

We watch the weather like a hawk in the tower. We knew the rain was coming. After drying the track, we were able to complete the entire Saturday race, Super Pro final was run at 12:47 am.

Add in 2 1/2 hours to run another time run and that would have run the program to close to 3:30 am. Add in an oil down, more rain, or whatever and it's even later. We did announce the change, but it can be hard to hear everything from the pits.

I appreciate all the feedback we get, (seriously) but sometimes decisions have to be made for the betterment of the event as a whole. We had a few racers question this, and I hope this clears up the Saturday time run reasoning.

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar weekend - 08/02/16 09:02 PM

Originally Posted By nhramark

We watch the weather like a hawk in the tower. We knew the rain was coming. After drying the track, we were able to complete the entire Saturday race, Super Pro final was run at 12:47 am.

Add in 2 1/2 hours to run another time run and that would have run the program to close to 3:30 am. Add in an oil down, more rain, or whatever and it's even later. We did announce the change, but it can be hard to hear everything from the pits.

I appreciate all the feedback we get, (seriously) but sometimes decisions have to be made for the betterment of the event as a whole. We had a few racers question this, and I hope this clears up the Saturday time run reasoning.

Thanks for the explanation. Makes sense.
Posted By: KD800X

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar weekend - 08/06/16 12:09 AM

I've never paid less then 50 to park inside the facility and have often considered upping the cost. For every 1 person who will park in tight next to their rigs there are 10 who clog up the pits.

Next time we sit and talk at the track and you see me multiple times, bring that up to me. Easier than me having to track this down to talk about it on the net

When Charlie had the show it was $20.00 to park in the Pitts. $50.00 is really high.

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar weekend - 08/06/16 04:14 AM

Step one to keeping Mopar race

Don't do what Charlie did.

I know it's not cheap. But I try to keep a reasonable matrix of prices to cover the cost to do this.

My profit margin is low enough to be a non for profit.

Bottom line is that there are less and less sponsors and it's a gate driven event.

It wouldn't do any good to post the track settlement sheet because I've already given the numbers before.

We can pay a little extra here and a little extra there or we can race at crap tracks for crap payouts

Sponsors apply within.

People who want to make 30% off selling sponsorships apply with in.

I'll give it all back to the event, but it has to sustaine.
Posted By: rt66jim

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar weekend - 08/06/16 05:29 AM

I would like to offer an observation on this discussion. I have never been to one of your events Josh. I can't afford to travel that far. My car is not very fast and certainly not pretty. What I did learn along time ago was I could only enjoy this sport a certain level. It's great to be able to go to a real quality track like Indy. I have personally been to Heartland Park once and Tulsa Raceway Park on several occasions. They are nice tracks. But I didn't enjoy the company of my fellow racers anymore by being there. My takeaway from the discussion is that most go to enjoy the racing and fellowship. Be able to friends that they may only see that one time all year. I understand your desire to want to be the best. But perhaps to be the best doesn't necessarily mean it has to be at the most expensive track. I have read posts from those who have attended events at Quaker City, Martin and numerous other tracks you have up in that area. They may not be the best. But everyone competes on the same track. All you really need is one willing to work with and can handle the size of the event. If the overhead is lower it would allow you to address some of the points raised in this post. Might also allow for a better payout down the field. This might attract more cars and grow the event. Don't lose sight of why they come. It's to race and enjoy each others company. Most of the other things are side benefits. JMO Jim
Posted By: shorthorse

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar weekend - 08/06/16 03:23 PM

Originally Posted By rt66jim
I would like to offer an observation on this discussion. I have never been to one of your events Josh. I can't afford to travel that far. My car is not very fast and certainly not pretty. What I did learn along time ago was I could only enjoy this sport a certain level. It's great to be able to go to a real quality track like Indy. I have personally been to Heartland Park once and Tulsa Raceway Park on several occasions. They are nice tracks. But I didn't enjoy the company of my fellow racers anymore by being there. My takeaway from the discussion is that most go to enjoy the racing and fellowship. Be able to friends that they may only see that one time all year. I understand your desire to want to be the best. But perhaps to be the best doesn't necessarily mean it has to be at the most expensive track. I have read posts from those who have attended events at Quaker City, Martin and numerous other tracks you have up in that area. They may not be the best. But everyone competes on the same track. All you really need is one willing to work with and can handle the size of the event. If the overhead is lower it would allow you to address some of the points raised in this post. Might also allow for a better payout down the field. This might attract more cars and grow the event. Don't lose sight of why they come. It's to race and enjoy each others company. Most of the other things are side benefits. JMO Jim

Jim, you're right about the events and what drives most people to attend, the friendship. Some would describe it as an extended family. But you need to experience Norwalk to understand the attraction. For some, just going to Norwalk is their #1 reason. The staff and the facilities (massive paved pits, electric, showers etc) are second to none. We are lucky enough to have quit a few Mopar events within a relatively close geographical area but even Josh will tell you, nothing can draw cars like the prospect of racing at Norwalk.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar weekend - 08/06/16 03:53 PM

Some of you guys just don't get it and that totally amazes me. If you weren't racers I would possibly understand it. So you pay 60.00 to race for 2000.00 at your local track. At Josh's race its 75.00 for 1500.00 and Josh has to rent the track, advertise, work all year to make it happen, and God for ire if Josh actually made some profit for putting on the BEST Mopar show in the Country at one of the nicest tracks in the Country. A track that not only has a track dryer but one that is not afraid to use it. Throw in one dollar ice Creme, fair food prices, showers, electric at many of the pit spots, and a starting line that's good from your first pass to your last. As far as the 50.00 to park in the pits Bader provides acres of FREE parking. Honestly I'll bet he would not want to be bothered with people taking up prime pit spots and the added insurance costs to have these cars in the pits. It a privilege to do so and at times I would love to have a car available instead of unhooking my motorhome and driving it into town. With that I'll stop and just say thanks Josh for everything you, your Family, and Friends do, only to hear guys bellyaching about every little issue. See you next year my Friend. Oh and I would also like to thank each and every sponsor because without them this race would be at least double the price to get into. Thanks guys and have a great weekend
Posted By: fun4door

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar weekend - 08/06/16 04:38 PM

Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
Some of you guys just don't get it and that totally amazes me. If you weren't racers I would possibly understand it. So you pay 60.00 to race for 2000.00 at your local track. At Josh's race its 75.00 for 1500.00 and Josh has to rent the track, advertise, work all year to make it happen, and God for ire if Josh actually made some profit for putting on the BEST Mopar show in the Country at one of the nicest tracks in the Country. A track that not only has a track dryer but one that is not afraid to use it. Throw in one dollar ice Creme, fair food prices, showers, electric at many of the pit spots, and a starting line that's good from your first pass to your last. As far as the 50.00 to park in the pits Bader provides acres of FREE parking. Honestly I'll bet he would not want to be bothered with people taking up prime pit spots and the added insurance costs to have these cars in the pits. It a privilege to do so and at times I would love to have a car available instead of unhooking my motorhome and driving it into town. With that I'll stop and just say thanks Josh for everything you, your Family, and Friends do, only to hear guys bellyaching about every little issue. See you next year my Friend. Oh and I would also like to thank each and every sponsor because without them this race would be at least double the price to get into. Thanks guys and have a great weekend

Great post, don't think it could be said any better than this
Posted By: dustergirl340

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar weekend - 08/06/16 04:46 PM

Quote:

Jim, you're right about the events and what drives most people to attend, the friendship. Some would describe it as an extended family. But you need to experience Norwalk to understand the attraction. For some, just going to Norwalk is their #1 reason. The staff and the facilities (massive paved pits, electric, showers etc) are second to none. We are lucky enough to have quit a few Mopar events within a relatively close geographical area but even Josh will tell you, nothing can draw cars like the prospect of racing at Norwalk.

X2! And I agree with pittsburghracer 100%.

Thanks Josh for giving us this event.
Posted By: CHAPPER

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar weekend - 08/06/16 05:00 PM

Originally Posted By KD800X

When Charlie had the show it was $20.00 to park in the Pitts. $50.00 is really high.

I would pay $50.00 to NOT have to go if Charlie still had it.!!
Posted By: BuckeyeBrawler

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar weekend - 08/11/16 03:51 AM

I agree with Pittsburgh racer, I attended this year as a spectator this year because car is not back together yet. But I would to thank Josh for keeping a Mopar race at Norwalk. It's our home track and we like it. Like others mentioned it's worth the cost to be racing at a facility that has it all. Thanks to all that sponsored the event. Can't wait for next year. up
Posted By: 412 SB Duster

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar weekend - 08/12/16 10:11 PM

Well said Pittsburghracer..

It's almost always the same ones doing the complaining. Keep it up and there will not be any Mopar only races left.

Al

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar weekend - 08/13/16 01:44 AM

Originally Posted By 412 SB Duster

It's almost always the same ones doing the complaining. Keep it up and there will not be any Mopar only races left.

Al

Funny Al. At least I support the event. You weren't even there.

No, I didnt like the 50 dollars to have my wife park behind my trailer.
I stand by what I said. I liked everything else about the race, and BEING THERE.
Thankfully it's still a free country, and people can have an opinion
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar weekend - 08/13/16 02:22 AM

Al

I stand by what I said. I liked everything else about the race, and BEING THERE.

I paid the same amount (50.00) 3-4 years ago during the Mopar race at Keystone Raceway Park. Matt took my race car up on Thursday and I drove the motorhome up on Friday. Didn't matter if it was a car, jeep, or Motorhome if you wanted the privilege of parking in the pits you paid. Park in the regular allotted parking lot was free. Sure nice having pit parking and I gladly paid.
Posted By: scottb

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar weekend - 08/13/16 03:14 AM

I like how some people chime in who have never supported1 of josh races I will continue to support josh race and even drove 2k miles to be there I also was caught of guard on the 50 dollars to park in the pits but it is what it is let's move on
Posted By: KD800X

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar weekend - 08/13/16 06:34 AM

Originally Posted By pittsburghracer

Al

I paid the same amount (50.00) 3-4 years ago during the Mopar race at Keystone Raceway Park. Matt took my race car up on Thursday and I drove the motorhome up on Friday. Didn't matter if it was a car, jeep, or Motorhome if you wanted the privilege of parking in the pits you paid. Park in the regular allotted parking lot was free. Sure nice having pit parking and I gladly paid.

If you're talking about the BGR/Curt George Memorial Race ... I've NEVER had to pay $50.00 to park in the Pits at PRP/Keystone. Actually at the Curt George Race you pay the gate fee and pull right into the pits, it's a great set up.

This whole point is moot and should have died last week.

B3422W5 gave Josh a complement with a BUT... only to better the race in his opinion. When you take your whole family with you racing it can get pretty expensive. Some of us are on a budget... So why can't you guys respect his opinion and move on?
Look, I personally know of $80.00 that Josh lost because of his parking policy, a 100% of 0 is still $00.00.
It's Joshes show, he's is carrying the risk so he can do what he wants.
If he has the race next year, I'm sure I'll be there in one way shape or form. BUT I'm not paying $50.00 to park my truck in a pit spot that is already paid for.
Posted By: 412 SB Duster

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar weekend - 08/15/16 10:03 PM

I've supported everyone of josh's events other than the ones that are on points weekends.

Sorry Don But it blows my mind that you go to one race a year or every other year and you want to [censored] about 50.00.

If you actually supported other events or other tracks you may have a better understanding of what it takes.

Like you said it's a free Country.

Al

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar weekend - 08/15/16 10:49 PM

I've supported everyone of josh's events other than the ones that are on points weekends.

Sorry Don But it blows my mind that you go to one race a year or every other year and you want to [censored] about 50.00.

If you actually supported other events or other tracks you may have a better understanding of what it takes.

Like you said it's a free Country.

Al

You have known me long enough Al to know how much I like to race. Since we opened our business it's been way, way tougher to get away and race.
I will be at the funny car Nats to race coming up here though.
I raced points at Stanton for years as you know, and raced at Martin, Osceola and Milan too. Raced most weekends for years, but lately, your definitely right.
Maybe that's why I bitched, it's hard to get away and when I do..... Well..... Lol
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar weekend - 08/16/16 10:19 PM

Having quite a bit of knowledge as to what it takes to put on an event we have to say thanks to Josh for this race and having it at Norwalk.The cost for this venue far exceeds the cost at smaller tracks like Keystone and Quaker.This has to be the biggist and best Mopar race event presently.The track far exceeds most for prep and program control.
We will always support this event and hope Josh can keep it alive and hopefully make a few dollars.We hope everyone will support this important event.

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar weekend - 08/18/16 03:36 AM

As I appreciate most all constructive criticism, the important thing to remember is that we all need to do better at supporting the events we love.

I have some ideas for next year that are pretty exciting. But it will really require all of us to get behind it.

We can't let the hobby end up like the dodo...

Stay tuned but also check out my other post for an impromptu event.

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/2135522.html#Post2135522
Posted By: 3ddart

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar weekend - 08/18/16 01:38 PM

Still would like to see results from this event!
© 2024 Moparts Forums