I have my booster pushrod adjusted back so I have a good amount of travel to the pedal and good stopping effort - when the car is cold. After heat gets into the brakes the pedal travel changes and the brakes don't release as readily.

After I have driven the car for awhile, the amount of pedal travel I get is reduced and the front brakes won't pull back all the way if I'm poking at the brakes a lot vs doing higher-speed stops (in traffic or in parking lots vs dropping 20mph on the highway for example).

They don't drag per se, but they will sometimes stick just enough to keep the car from rolling under its own weight at first or even just enough to *skee skee skee skee* a little until I go faster. They retract enough for the car to roll normally after I get going but not when I let off of the pedal initially.

They aren't smoking or locking up or anything but it is annoying. Every time I drive the car dead cold it's the same thing - full travel and release but eventually the pedal comes up some. I have tried stomping on it repeatedly in the driveway and I get a little of the travel back. I have backed the pushrod off around 1/8" from where I started and my "cold" pedal travel changed, but the "hot n slow" travel was never a whole lot different.

I know the tolerances in the drums especially will drop as the system heats up, but I expected to be able to compensate for this by moving the pushrod back, not continually get the same issue.

I didn't get this behavior when I was using manual brakes (same hydraulic components aside from the MC). It feels like the MC isn't able to spring back fully when the system is hot vs cold.

I'm wondering if the check valve might be going funky when it gets hot. Where should I look first?

1967 Dodge Coronet Deluxe station wagon

1.03" T-bars, QA1 arms/rods, Cordoba/GM Metric/Volare brake & knuckle, XHDs, Hellwig rear sway, 318 Magnum w/ air gap, 727, 3.23s