Originally Posted By roberto63
Ski 61701

I must say these stage IV are everything but perfect. During the years they have been milled , massaged, machined, and the tip of valve stems actually are not lined because of recessed valves after grinding...this is the reason of adjustable rockers. Before putting this (damn) high energy highlift cam I had the original ( worn) stamped rockers and I had no issues about valvetrain noise, nevertheless the preload on most of hydraulic lifters excedeed the standard value and it was very dangerous with engine revving because of possible hug between valve and piston with lifter pumping-up... sorry I read your reply so late.

The misalignment of the valve tip is because whomever did the valve job didn't take care in making sure they were close in height to each other.

I haven't read the entire thread but if you have lifters bleeding down it's more than likely due to the tolerances inside the lifters allowing it to happen. You have have an adjustable valve train why not put in a solid cam and be done with it ??

running up my post count some more .