Originally Posted By DARTH V8Я
Np Mention of factoring.. only bankruptcy.

HRM] Why did you go to Plymouth in 1979?

BG] In the late 1970s I was not financially involved with Ford, period. And Chrysler came along and offered me, it wasn’t much money, but it was a lot more than nothing, plus all of the parts I needed. So we raced the Plymouth for one year. We had a three- year contract, but the following year, when Chrysler went bankrupt, my contract got voided. It was just the way things went.

HRM] What did you think of the Arrow?

BG] We won every race that year but two with the Plymouth. It was a small-block 340. After that year, Ford sent a person down to our shop to meet with me and we put together, at that point, still a small deal, but small deals were better than nothing, put that together with me to race Ford again.

Yes, I read all that. But like I said, I lived through it. Go back and see if you can find archived National Dragster articles. I stopped asking NHRA about them years ago. Im sure they have them but can't seem to find them published. I bet you could find many a discussion in those pages about this in there. In fact, I'd love to see old copies of SuperStock and Drag Illustrated during the era. Bet they covered it. In fact, NHRA hated that publication so bad, they use HRM to buy it out and then killed it, right after I signed up for a 6 year subscription renewal. Then I was substituted HRM instead. I sent them back every month, for years.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston