The NHRA added weight to Pro Stock every time Glidden won a round. They did it to him in the Ford. Did it to him in the Plymouth. By about half way through the 1979 season the Arrow had been factored to the point Glidden was about to bring the Ford back out. The Arrow had lost its weight advantage.

So yes, NHRA could add weight whenever they felt like it. They still do it to this day. [/quote]

It just seems funny that I followed Pro Stock alot back then and never heard of any Pro Stock car being factored with weight added like that during the season. I only ever heard that on Pro Stock cars at the end or begining of a season. I would have figured if that did it weekly as you stated I would have read about it as I am sure racers would have complained about that. I just dont remember ever reading or hearing about that during the race season. Course you are right as NHRA will do what they want and wont care what the racers say about it. I remember reading about Buddy Martin talking to Wally Parks about giving the Mopars a better break after they added weight to the Mopars and Parks basically said Chevy and Ford have the most money so we dont care about Mopar. tsk Ron