Originally Posted By 64dartsb
Ok cool. I think I'm gonna buy the ladder bar kit posted above. Need to buy it today or tomorrow. I just don't know which spring rate to start out with. I know I might not get it right first try. But I have no idea where to start.

Also I'm doing a lot of figuring stuff out with the axle width and how the tires fit in the car. Always heard buy wheels and tires first cut rearend to fit.

Currently I have some center lines on the car. 10" wide. 6 in front 4 in back. But the tire is hitting the fender on the outside. I'm basically figuring narrow the rearend again 1" more and it should all fit.

Can I just take the rear to a shop and be like take 1" off of this and axles and keep rolling with my wheels and tires?

Basically the guy at the shop wants me to buy more aftermarket axles with a different bolt pattern and offset the wheel to make it all fit. So buy new wheels. I want to do the most cost effective way. So I guess the question is really. How much tire clearance do I need between the rear tire and the car. Is 1/2" good?

Depends where your talking.. on top at the fender I like
to be able to slide my hand in it(so thats about 1")..
on the front I like a bit more... if your talking the top
the top of the tub.. you want at least 1 3/4"
wave