Originally Posted By JohnRR
Originally Posted By 383man

John I was guessing he just ment when he looked at the choke without the eng running it was closed after he hit the gas pedal. The choke will be fully closed with the eng cold and off it you push the gas pedal down some and of course it should open some when running by the choke pull-off diaphram or piston. Ron

Ron , if the carb is set as shown above by Bill the choke blade Should never be fully closed , the choke thermo is what sets the choke blade and the hit of the throttle when the engine is cold will allow it to go to the almost closed position and have the throttle on the fast idle cam ...

But you knew that ... fan

I am guessing Bill is 62 Maxwgn ? I was not referring to that as thats where you would set the linkage of course to adjust the cam posistion. I thought you were talking about the OP very first post that when he looks at the choke on the cold eng after hitting the gas pedal with the eng off as the hit of the throttle with a cold eng will let the choke be fully closed on the highest step of the cam until the eng starts. Thats when I meant the choke will be fully closed and should be until he starts the eng. Ron

Last edited by 383man; 05/05/16 03:10 PM.