Originally Posted By dogdays
Here's the quote: "Add a 1.5 in spacer sleeve all 8 cylinders"

This is a whale of a lot of work to be doing.

9" deck is what most smallblock chevies are after they get their decks straightened out. They are 9.025" stock. Siamese SBC blocks can go 4.185" and a Siamese Mopar with its slightly wider bore spacing May be able to go to 4.2 or more. Non-Siamese blocks are limited to maybe 4.100.

A 4" crank with a 6" rod and a 1.0" compression height gets 440 cubic inches using a 4.185 bore. The 434 or 440 smallblock chevy is pretty common in racing circles. That's a lot easier than sleeving all 8 holes.

But I'll never do any of that as there isn't enough money in the old till.

And that 3.78" bore $300 block is good for building a 400hp 327. That's all.

R.

I never said it would be easy or cheap!!! Lol
I agree with what your saying but let's look at it a different way.
There is enough G3 block out there to fill 98 % of the power level Mopar enthusiasts want.
IMO that hellcat block would take north of 1500 hp. I have no proof just my opinion. 6.4 head 380 cfm is pie.
Want more than that thitek.
Now what I would like to see is the P5 head on a taller block. Nobody would care about no intake or headers because at that level it's all custom.
That head simply rocks. You put together a 500 Cid small block with a head like that and look out.
Now there is another route that you could take and that's the P7.
Ritter has a block and people are putting them together.
Ritters block has some issue but so did the R3. Not making excuses but it's is what it is. And from what I'm hearing it's not casting it's machining. If this is true perhaps he should sell the block not machined to a certain extent. I don't know.
I believe the biggest problem in the Mopar camp is that there is not enough heavy hitters using our junk. Look at the crap people argue about over its not a Mopar block, its not a mopar rear or trans. Yada Yada Yada.
So there are options but people don't want to go there.
Hence no more blocks.
Matt