Originally Posted By J_BODY

...but we're cheap Mopar guys.

Yeah I agree we get a lot of grief about being cheap (we're not) but that is not a real good example, that is a bone stock production 5.3 block produced litteraly by the millions, they pull it off the line and sell it at summit. Summit probably bought thousands at one time. It would be more compareable to a bare bone stock 5.7 hemi block witch by the way is a better block.

The void in the SB mopar world is not the high end blocks but the bracket and hot street guys pushing the limits of stock blocks, a T/A block with better cylinders (siamesed and more consistant) 4 bolt mains and magnum and LA mounts for $1995 would shut up %95 percent of the guys (myself included) belly-aching about the price and availability of aftermarket SBs. Most guys pushing the limit of a stock block don't care if it can be made into a dry sump, we don't care if you can mill the block down an inch shorter, we don't care about multi bolt patterns on the bell, we don't care if there is enough meat to put in 1 inch lifters, or roller cam bearings or "improved oiling" we don't need to pay top dollar for a block that can "do it all" we just want a block that can take more than a stocker can. The new victor head can potentially push 400 CFM on a 4.125 bore, a stock block ain't gonna take 750+HP for long and can't take that bore. The stock oiling can be made to work, the stock cooling can be made to work, the BPE 4.25 crank is awesome but we just need something a little better to put it all in. If I had the money I would get a block made to fit this criteria and be confidant it would fly off the shelf. The advantage a block like this would have is awesome, there is ZERO competetion, in the chevy world the is hundreds of competitors making blocks you would have to compete with, if someone made this block it would be in a market by itself. No you can not charge whatever you want for it, that has been done and failed, you could sell a ton of em if priced fairly. Chevy has several blocks like this for around $1600, slap a $400 premium on us and get er done.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!