Originally Posted By Streetwize
@ Madscientist

Generally maybe but a lot heads today have the flow capabilities to push the Torque and HP peaks past where a lot of people feel safe pushing a stock block RB motor. Also not everybody runs MW heads on their 511's so the port flow/velocity is somewhat of an RPM "check valve" limiting the RPM no matter where the valvetrain could go.

and (opinions vary I guess but) many if not most 493-511's usually wind up dropping into heavy B and E bodies with automatics and mid 3 series carriers, so not everybody wants or needs to turn them much past 6200-6500 to have a fun and formidable torque monster. Ron's (383Man's) 63 B has a comparably mild Street driven 493 with ported EZ MW's and runs 10.70's through the muffs, not too shabby and he's not revving all that high. so I guess just because you can doesn't mean you should...or even need to.

Thank you for the kind words Wize. wave I foot brake to about 2k on the line and shift about 6200 and trap around 6400. Thats when I look at the tach because I wont lie most of the time I shift when it feels right but its about 6200. Ron