Originally Posted By Jimi_Vignogna
Originally Posted By AndyF
Originally Posted By Smoparmike
I agree with you! I have more experence with holleys but none with dual carbs. I have a little time yet to decide for sure. If I was smart I would put a single Dommy on it.

A single plane intake with a Dominator will make 100 hp more than a MW cross ram on a race type engine. When you think about it that means that the cross ram intake is destroying 100 hp of potential power but keeping the air and fuel from getting into the cylinders at the right time. I know that people love the look of the cross ram but sheesh, 100 hp is nothing to sneeze at. Plus the single 4bbl setup costs less and weighs less.

not disagreeing with you but the most we have ever seen on a dyno (stock eliminator engines) going from a cross ram to a single 4 is 45 hp that with changing cam shaft.

Sounds very reasonable for a stock eliminator engine. The engine where I saw 100 hp increase was 505 inches with Indy heads. The stock intake was very restrictive at 505 inches so the flow increase bigger when we switched to 4500 intake. The OP in this thread has a 505 inch engine so that is why I was using that number.

Last edited by AndyF; 04/07/16 04:28 PM.