Originally Posted By gregsdart
Ask around about your choice of oil pan. I don't think seven quarts of oil will keep it happy, especially on decal after the run. I had trouble with 6800 rpm and 9.5 quarts, uncovering the oil pickup and seeing very low or zero pressure for an instant on the brakes.

Ill look into finding a different pan thanks for the warning, i really wasnt sure what would fit in my little valiant theres not alot of documentation out there on the web about putting a big block in a 62 valiant.

Originally Posted By B G Racing
The Indy manifold,especially the 4500 manifold should have the dividers removed from the area below the carb or at best tapered from the top to the floor.This will allow for a better plenum box for fuel and air to blend and give a more balanced blending and evenly distributiation to all cylinders.If you run it as is the four corner cylinders(1,2,7,8) will always be richer.

Bob i can see what your saying about the dividers need some work,you wouldnt happen to have a pic of the work your talking about? Im curious to see just how much material to remove, i had planned on bring the dividers to a nice sharp edge(knife edge) but apparently thats not what i need.
I was able to put 2 hours into gasket matching my intake this morning and was able to get three ports on the runner side cleaned up, i figure ill have atleast 6 hours of cleanup when its all said and done.
Thanks all for the help
Aaron

Check out my build on Facebook Ttoad Hurley its updated regularly