Will my 470 low deck stroker is getting closer then ever to becoming a reality. My pistons will be here in about 2 weeks then i can get my rotating assembly balanced,and final bore on my block machined.
Before i have the block final machined. Im wanting to make sure all my oiling mods are done. The oil delivery setup is a single line with swing pickup and a high volume oil pump in a 7 quart pan.Ive done all the basic mods like clean up the oil orifices and drain back channels in the lifter valley. All the excessive casting was cleaned up and the block has been clearanced for a stroke assembly. The block was squared up and the pan rails were leveled up when the BCR gridle and main caps were installed.

I know the Indy 440-1 heads been on the market for close to 20 years now so I'm sure alot of members have used this same setup over the years,whats some of the pit falls and problems you guys have had to deal with when upgrading to this head package.
Heres a couple questions i have hopefully you guys can help me thru before i start the final assembly on my motor.
1.perfered oil delivery setup for harland sharp rockers
2. Soild roller lifter choice
3. Are they any oiling mods you guys have come up with that help save the rocker gear?
4. Intake plenum mods for a 440-3 intake(runners are getting gasket matched this week)
5. Perfered valve springs for a solid roller cam with 630 gross lift
The heads have only been gasket matched and the casting flash was cleaned up. When funds become available the heads are going to be ported and polished but realistically that wont happen till next year.
Any and all help is always appreciated and Thanks in advance

Last edited by turbo toad; 03/16/16 04:36 PM.

Check out my build on Facebook Ttoad Hurley its updated regularly