why are you so quick to bash 440 source? let me get this straight...2 years ago, 3,000 miles on what is probably a fairly well built engine making a great deal more HP than it did stock.

and you're complaining because they won't extend their 90 day warranty out to 720 days, just for you, because you think it failed pre-maturely.

...yet their warranty is in line with several other companies.

I wonder what Edelbrock would say if I called them up and said "hey, I bought your heads for my 383 stroker that's making over 500 hp, a year ago, and put 3,000 miles on them since then, and I just dropped a valve. I think you owe me a new head"

what do you think the American compay, with American made parts, is going to say to me?

We are in this hobby to have fun. we spend lots of money to build high HP machines to go play with on the street and at the track. we push these machines to the edge of the envelope, and parts are going to break.

I learned that when I cracked a cylinder wall after 200 miles on a fresh engine build. it sure sucked, but I didn't go blaming any parts manufacturers. For awhile, I felt like the machine shop that did my work was to blame, but maybe not...could have just been a weak spot in the wall.

what'd I do? fixed it, put it all back together, and continued to have fun.

but, maybe that's because I'm not a crusty, grumpy old man.

**Photobucket sucks**