Bought a damper from 440 Source in June of '07. Engine has maybe 3,000 street/strip miles since install. Was checking everything over the other day and noticed blistering and flaking paint along the inner and outer ring joint. Removal and closer inspection revealed rust all along the joint but then I noticed that the outer ring was loose . It would move front to rear and side to side.
I talked to 440 Source's tech today (after leaving repeated messages) and (of course) the 90 day warranty is long expired, so T. S.
This part just plain failed prematurely and could have made a real mess of things had I not just happened to have caught it. I feel they should have offered some help! I even offered to order some other things I need, it they would just help some with the new damper. Shouldn't they have at least wanted to see the thing to know what is going on? But then, I guess it doesn't matter because they don't offer this particular damper anymore. (I wonder why? )
So, anyway, anyone with their previous style of damper (black) might ought to look it over in case I have not gotten the only bad one.

Master, again and still