Originally Posted By poorboy
So I'm clear about this: You don't want to run a wire and an electric fuel pump that will solve your problem, but you willing to dump raw fuel into your motor, or spray either into the air cleaner assembly, or add a GM inline fuel filter to your Mopar? Because originality is so important, or adding a wire and electric fuel pump is so difficult? UM, OK!
You better just leave it in the garage, so you won't hurt your investment by driving it, then the poor start won't be an issue. Gene

If you only knew how funny that was........ I have said nothing about dumping fuel (I assume you are talking about priming) or or ether (I believe it is actually too dry and isn't good for any motor) although others have suggested it, The GM filter comment was simply pointing out an example of one in use and the way it started. I do like orginality on certain cars but really love the day 2 thing and as for difficult, I'm not thinking installing an inline, frame mounted or in tank pump would be an issue for me at this point. And as for leaving it in the garage to protect my investment, I have taken my most expensive investment (which I bought in about 15 boxes and assembled from a bare shell to driving status in about 6 months, 90% of the aparts are original to the car, it only had 59K on it), anyway I have driven it about 12,000 miles in the last 18 months including a maiden voyage of 4400 miles and a second trip of 3500 miles. Not to mention I'm not afraid to drop the clutch on any and all of them at 3-4 grand 1000 miles from home. As for the rest of my fleet, my newest vehicle is my dually which is a 88 square body Chevy with the Q-jet on it. Any given week I drive 3-4 true 4 speed muscle cars over 45 years old and average 2-300 miles in the week just riding for no reason at all. So forgive me when I smirk at your suggestion that I should leave any of my cars in the garage for fear of hurting my "investments". A survior should be protected, any restored car can be restored again no reason not to enjoy the devil out of them. Not measuring but very few on this board have the seat time I have, either in the last 35 years of driving or the last 5 or the last year.

Careful, your character's showing!