Originally Posted By mopar346
I know I could use a typical electric pump but I really don't want to add wires and brakcets to my AAR or even either of the RTs. I'm aware they are better pushers and your point about pressurizing the entire line is logical. My thought of the pump on the engine is more from an appearance stand point not to mention there isn't a heavy fuel pressure requirement but in some cases a volume concern with a pump but I would think most any quality electric pump would out perform a stockish mechanical pump.

You can put a pump up front but it is not going to survive very well , all you really need the pump for, it seems , is to prime the carbs on initial start up , Mr Gasket makes one that is in line and that would probably fill that need and you could mount it to something that is already back there and out of the way fairly easily, wiring will not require anything that requires modifying your precious cars ...

[/soapbox]this attitude is why there is very little to no aftermarket support for Mopars , the owners won't do anything that is non stock and then [censored] and complain because there is no aftermarket support.[/soapbox]

Originally Posted By mopar346
The other issue I am fighting is why should I have to do anything they worked fine for years and I guess the answer there is the fuel is way worse than I thought and/or I am becoming more in tune to the issue since it is longer between driving each of them now. I'm in PA for a couple of weeks again but I will start experimenting with different fuels when I get home. The Coronet has good fuel in it now so it will be a good test sitting for 2 weeks.

Dear Mr. Van Winlke,
Gasoline is formulated now, thanks to the GUBERMINT, to work in cars with CLOSED LOOP SYSTEM, they don't even vent to atmosphere. Our precious cars are a blip on the radar screen, the gubermint doesn't care about us, adapt or live with it, these are our ONLY choices.

running up my post count some more .