Originally Posted By mopar346
Well ya'll have convinced me that the check valve issue is probably off base although the one that behaves the best is a GM with a Q-jet that has a check valve filter in the inlet. An electric fuel pump in the rear would require power to be run back to it which isn't the end of the world but I really don't want to do and I'm a little concerned about running an inline pump that runs all the time without a return line, the concern being that it will overpower the needle and seats. Hopefully I will see liveable results with good fuel.

How about this for an idea, I have used a gas cap with a tire valve stem in it in the past to pressurize the tank for starting a flow to drain the tank, what if I used that cap and put about 10 lbs. of pressure to the tank to get the fuel to the engine fast on the first start up. Maybe 5 lbs is better. I might try that on a lesser car to see how it works just incase something doesn't work.

Thanks for the input folks, i have been living with it and will no doubt continue to, no way am I gonna stop driving my cars.

A 6psi pump is not going to overpower the needle and seat .

As far as pressurizing the tank, that is not going to work because the tank is vented to atmosphere. You'll never pressurize it and 10psi would definitely overpower the needle and seat.

A short blast of starting fluid sprayed into the filter would probably get you enough to fill the bowls for a restart?

running up my post count some more .