Well, on cold rainy days like this, I find inside jobs to do. I've been modifying my carbs, with some great guidance from ThumperDart. I purchased some metering blocks and throttle plates from SpeedMaster. I'm just going to say that after hours of inspection and modification, I've decided not to use these pieces.

Throttle Plate Issues: 1) Pivot shafts for pumps are smaller than Holley, which would be ok if I was using the supplied arms, but I have 50cc pumps on the secondaries. Thread pitch is different, so you must retap to use Holley pivot shafts. 2) Blade screws are generic, large head, with lockwashers underneath and blades do not close properly, no matter how I've tried to adjust them. 3) Holes for main body are extremely large, center holes are not drilled.

Metering Block Issues: 1) Emulsion air bleed jet threads not drilled on center of flats. 2) Too much material around main jet bosses, fuel bowls will not center up. 3) Nylon inserts in idle mixture screw holes act as threads for needle valves, no threads machined in metering blocks. Again, needle valve pin holes not drilled on center.

On the plus side, I have found everything to be machined square, nice anodizing. I do like the secondary stop screw linkage also.

[image][/image]