I raced with the Hotchkis leafs all year, and they are a good compromise of street and track. I end up tracking the Valiant more than street driving so I need more spring rate to keep rear roll under control. I also need to lower the rear another inch to get the roll center optimum for racing. I have added helpers which helped, and the rear roll bar is on full stiff, but ideally if I was starting over with a leaf based system I'd start with circle track 200-250 lb rear springs (Hotchkis are 130lb). THE HIGHER RATE REAR LEAFS WOULD BETTER MATCH THE 1.18 rate TORSION BARS up front. The goal is to get the roll center front to rear working correctly. That weld in 4 link is not serious for this if you want to compete at the highest level. If you look at the photos notice how short the link rods all are. Remember it is a compromise of design to work around a back seat and all sorts of other fitment issues. You need a Custom 3-link or torque tube if you want to truly take it to the next level on a road course. The shop that is helping to build my next car will build and install a custom 3 link for $1500-$2000 that is much, much more effective at putting power down while turning, and the spring rate is easily adjusted with coil overs. In hindsight knowing how much tracking I'm doing, I wish I would have just started with the 3 Link on my Valiant.

image.jpg
Last edited by Tomswheels; 12/14/15 10:02 PM.