Originally Posted By Bench McRacer
I watched the show last night and saw a nice 69 Charger (rear view) locking up the brakes at the speed stop. They also showed the Chargers front view on the road course, Called it a Mopar. If you blinked, you would have missed it. They talked about the LS powered Conquest (called it a Dodge ? ) again and it's traction problems and some guy who blew up his fifteen thousand dollar Corvette engine ( I thought Chevys were cheap } and some other guys Corvette that was Dq'd for Weighing 3058 when his class minimum is 3200 pounds. His lame excuse was he weighed the car with him in it.... Pretty much talked and showed the same competitors from last year. I hope Toms Valiant gets some respect in October.

We were at Thunderhill this year. Also were at the Optima Challenge in '12, Laguna Seca and Portland last year. Thunderhill was the first time since '12 that another Mopar showed up. Pretty sad. I watched the show also, marginal at best. Maybe I am biased as we rarely get any TV time for as unique of car we bring out. We even finished in the top ten in the autoX for the GTV class. Its a good time none the less.

thunderhill_optima_0108.jpgHMA 2.jpg

1968 Pro-Touring Dodge Charger
*2011 Optima Ultimate Street Car Challenge Invitee
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/1203phr_1968_dodge_charger/index.html