Originally Posted By MR_P_BODY
Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
Originally Posted By MR_P_BODY
So what have you found out about your oil pressure
wave

Holy heck oldtimer its almost 8:30pm and I didn't eat yet. Take it easy on me. OK after my 3 mile morning walk I removed my driver side spark plugs (3911's) and installed (4) 3922's as that was all I had. Changed the jets from 150's to 146's and installed 2 new needle and seats in the carb, filled the tank and fired it up. 70 pounds of pressure on start-up. Ran for about 20 minutes with my lean out ball valve open and got it up to 165 degrees. Smoke out of the driver side seemed much better but pressure was down to 20 pounds. Shut it down and drained the oil and cut the Wix racing filter apart for checking. Fund a few shinny flakes but i mean a few. Oil seemed somewhat alcohol contaminated to me. I am going to find some 10-40 or maybe even 20-50 tomorrow and try that before I remove the pan to change the oil pump. Most of the leak-down numbers are in 6-8 percent but a couple are 15%. Will do compression test after I change the oil.

I was just curious.. I have a belief that someone
is changing the hardness of the springs.. as soon
as the temp comes up the pressure starts to drop..
it still shows fine at 70 cold.. even with thin oil
good luck... congrats on the NB
wave
. mike it's funny what you said about the spring because when I cut the oil filter open the spring was all compressed kinda funky. I didn't like the way it looked so I cut apart another old oil filter I had from before and the spring was compress and overlapped the same way

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time