Originally Posted By mopar dave
I had 55psi oil pressure going down track and 20@idle with my 408 using hv melling and 15/50 amsoil. no tubing. maybe 50 passes, some street in 8yrs run time. bearings were iffy, but no major failure.
when you tubed your block, did you block the oil passage to the other bank/lifter galley? I had an issue with my block and finding the correct lifter that wouldn't uncover the oil galleys while the lifter was on the nose of the cam. the issue was not with the oil band, but the skirt right above the roller/wheel. I tried crane race lifters at $880 and comps at $550. both had tall skirts and would dump oil on lift. had to use PBM/Morel lifters. the dr/side bank was the worst. hope this helps

This is the 2nd major rebuild with this same block and its been tubed since new. The other side is blocked with a pipe plug. Both build had standard oil pumps since I had the issue with the high volume pump years ago. The solid lifter engine had LOTS of runs during those 3 years and the bearing looked pretty good but I did have the crank polished. The roller lifter in this engine are solid body Comp Cams.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time