Originally Posted By clonestocker
Originally Posted By mshred

Run from Pro Trans...I called them when my car was still running mid 11's and they said I needed a $5000 904 to handle what I was doing...About $1000 worth of parts later and some of my own labour, I built a 904 that is holding up to more of a beating then what Pro Trans told me theres would, so take that for what its worth twocents

mshred, I've been buying stuff from Dave Smith for years and have never had a issue with advise or parts purchased from him. Btw: All 904 stuff. A 904 is quicker/faster than a 727. I think its a trade off based on power. If you put 1000 laps a year on your at the track chasing points and money build a 727 and never take it out. Doesn't mean a 904 won't do the same thing or the 727 won't break. I think that power (big) and vehicle weight (heavy)should be the factors to consider if your going to stay with a Mopar trans. End of Rant.

I am not knocking protrans products or transmission, just stating what I was told when I spoke with Dave directly...like I said, my 2 cents.

I agree that power and weight play a HUGE role in selecting a trans. Dave told me I needed a top of the line 904 to run low 11's at my weight...im going quite a bit faster now, with less parts, same weight, and off a brake on nitrous...so far, so good...keep my fingers crossed my luck doesnt run out! LOL