Quote:

Quote:

The tales of bad cranks seem to have been rumors perpetrated by people who had no actual first hand knowledge but are just down on products made in China.

Bull$hit. More than one person who builds / built engines for a living has provided details in the past on certain cranks whose finish tolerances were far from ideal (excessive journal taper, inconsistent sizing from one journal to the next).

I know some of the brands seem to have gotten better. My 2nd Eagle crank is surprisingly good (my first one needed the mains cut .010"). The only thing I don't like was that the crank snout where the damper fits was on the small side, so I needed to buy a new SFI damper to make sure the press fit was acceptable. My original SFI damper had already been honed to fit an OEM-sized snout and would have been too loose.

Just because some people don't want to hear that their budget parts might not have been machined as precisely as more expensive & higher quality items doesn't make it a "rumor".

Here we go, The question was about 440 Source and now your saying how your Eagle crank was a piece of crap. Just to let you know I had my Eagle crank checked by a top Engine builder and it was good to go. If my 440 Source crank needed to be turned .010 it would have been sent back.

it's ok to butt heads, just don't do it with a butthead