Quote:

Quote:

The tales of bad cranks seem to have been rumors perpetrated by people who had no actual first hand knowledge but are just down on products made in China.

Bull$hit. More than one person who builds / built engines for a living has provided details in the past on certain cranks whose finish tolerances were far from ideal (excessive journal taper, inconsistent sizing from one journal to the next).

I know some of the brands seem to have gotten better. My 2nd Eagle crank is surprisingly good (my first one needed the mains cut .010"). The only thing I don't like was that the crank snout where the damper fits was on the small side, so I needed to buy a new SFI damper to make sure the press fit was acceptable. My original SFI damper had already been honed to fit an OEM-sized snout and would have been too loose.

Just because some people don't want to hear that their budget parts might not have been machined as precisely as more expensive & higher quality items doesn't make it a "rumor".

there has been many documented cases. Dan we need you and many of them were 440source