Quote:

The only reasoning I can think of (without the owner here to state correctly) is shock value. Saying it's a Satellite made to look like a Superbird vs. a real Superbird will definitely raise a few eyebrows on the show circuit.

That's just my I can't throw stones as I changed the color of my car and added a few things.

While it may be for "shock value"?...for some that are seeking a car for a project, they don't want the "fuss" looking for the parts needed to convert/clone a base model, or research what is correct, so the call goes out for a particular model to avoid that hassle...I've mentioned it before in another thread, I have/had a customer that wanted a Superbird, he contacted me thru an associate for the necessary repro parts to convert a 70 RR he had purchased for the project(black California rustfree car!), after visiting his shop, the RR was indeed a V code car, after discussing his build plans, of which a GM LS and OD trans were part of the build, I asked him why he was using the V code rather than a base Sat or 383 RR ?, his response was it was the first RR that he looked at, and had all the performance parts/trim that he needed to make a Superbird from it, and at the right price...I'm sure if he saw a Superbird at the right price it would have been used as well...this guy runs a shop dedicated to Mustangs and Cobras, so what those in the Mopar circles hold dear, those in other automotive circles look at as just machinery, I did manage to score the V code driveline for one of my projects though...

I look forward to seeing this HellCat build on this Superbird, it's currently 1 of 2 Superbird builds going on using Hellcat engines and so called "real" Superbirds...

I think as these cars start to change hands in this "new market" where the resto craze of late is being viewed as passe, more builds will be seen where updated drivelines, suspensions, interiors, etc, etc will be seen/done regardless of the cost, or the vehicle's pedigree

Mike