Quote:

Quote:

I agree, the triangulated 4 link is a compromise.

snipped for brevity

The length of the arms, and lots of other things play a big factor too, and you'd want to make sure they were designed for correct instant center, roll center, etc and not just what was best for packaging.

above the snip - don't go over to the street rod forum and say this. Below the snip - most street rod builders and manufacturers focus on packaging and that is it.

My 96 Mustang was squirelly, stock. Put in poly bushings and it helped a bit. Added a watts linkage and it was as good as it was going to get for a DD without a complete redesign/different style suspension.

I just upgraded the stock suspension on mine Holden. I boxed the lower arms,better bushings, and use adjustable Edelbrock uppers. (Chevelle arms are slightly shorter but adjustable ones will work fine).

The more I read and understood about ways to change things around it, and not really worrying about keeping my car stock, some of the redesigns out there do look like an awesome way to go, but do take some fair modifing.

(I use an aluminum drop tank...oversize fuel tank...which limits my space for a watts link at this point without changing the tank, and to get a proper length 3rd link and drop the factory upper arms means the back seat gets a bit iffy. Another option would be a 3rd link like a late 90's Camaro...seen a few guys go that route when the class they are in doesn't let them go through and into the floor to run a top mount 3rd link)