Installing the drivetrain from the bottom sure seemed appealing to me at first too, so I was going to try to install-it-from-the-bottom on my 1970. I had never done it before, and decided I didn't have a way to lift the motor & K-frame up to put in the 4 K-frame bolts ect without making or buying something like a dolly or a pallet jack. in the end I decided to go with what I know, so I just used the traditional drop-from-the-top method.

I had the clutch, scattershield, and water pump already installed on my 440 when I dropped it in. There was about 3/4 of an inch extra clearance as it went in, the front suspension and brakes were all in and done and the transmission was easy to put in with a floorjack.

I have done it this way many times in the past, and was familiar with doing it this way by myself. The main reason I considered doing it from the bottom in the first place was because I was concerned that I may scratch up something and it looked so easy, which I'm sure it is if you have the right equiptment.

To overcome my concern about scratching anything, I layed bubble wrap and then cardboard around the engine compartment and used wire to hang my headers in place before putting in the engine. It was easier for me, and I didn't scratch anything.

1970 Plymouth 'Cuda #'s 440-6(block in storage)currently 493" 6 pack, Shaker, 5 speed Passon, 4.10's
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible 408 Magnum EFI with 4 speed automatic overdrive, 3800 stall lock-up converter and 4.30's (closest thing to an automatic 5 speed going)